I swallow hard. "All your friends will be expelled and it'll all be your fault." he continues.

I couldn't be selfish.

Wren would be left at home. She already told me she had a terrible living condition. She will be forced to look after herself and her baby in that sort of condition.
Luca had a scholarship at this school. He so badly wanted to be an engineer. If he gets expelled, it'll ruin his chances.
Creighton just couldn't get expelled.
I had to put them first.

"Fine," I whisper defeatedly.

He grins proudly before reaching up and cupping my cheek. "You'll make a great wife baby," he tells me.

I yank his hand off my face. "You definitely wouldn't make a great husband. I'm going to make your life a living hell baby." I reply sarcastically.

His gaze darkens. "Make it hurt. Make sure he knows you won't want him back. Make him hate you."

The ache in my heart intensified. The thought of Creighton hating me made me nauseous.

He grabs my phone from my hand and puts his number in. "Call me when you finish."

He leaves my room when he hears my dad call him. I drop onto my bed as I shakily call Creighton. I couldn't believe what I was about to do. My love for Creighton was greater than anything I have ever known. I don't think he will forgive me for what I'm about to do to him.

•••

Ivan and his family left and I sat on the couch as I thought about how I was going to break the news to him. Would he easily believe me? Will he let me go? God, please don't let him let me go.

Someone knocks and I flinch. I wipe my sweaty palms on my jeans before walking to the door. I inhale a sharp breath before opening the door. Creighton stares at me with a huge smile on his face. "You missed me, didn't you?" he begins.

I give him a small smile before letting him in. He walks closer towards me. He attempts to kiss my lips but I swerve my head letting his lips kiss my cheek instead. "Anouhska," he says.

"Hm," I reply.

He grips my chin, forcing me to look at him. The heated look in his eyes made my stomach turn. He looked pissed off already. "Why did you do that?"

"Do what?" I mumble cluelessly.

"Dodge my kiss."

Shit. "My parents are home." I blurt.

He rolls his eyes and murmurs something under his breath before moving his hand to my neck and leaning closer. "I don't see them here," he whispers before slamming his lips against mine. I melt against him as I cup his cheek. No. Stop kissing him.

"No don't," I whisper, pulling away and putting a safe distance between Creighton and me.

"Why can't I kiss my girlfriend?"

"I didn't say you couldn't kiss me." I blurt. Why did I say that? Idiot.

He shakes his head. "You called me over," he says, changing the subject.

"We need to talk," I tell him.

"About?"

"Come to my room," I whisper. I walk to my room and he follows behind me. When the door closes, I turn to him. "I want to break up."

His brows shoot up to his hairline as he stares at me. He bites his lip as if he's trying to stifle his smile or laugh. Seriously?

"You want to break up?" he repeats.

"Yes," I reply. "I don't think what I feel for you is real. I don't think either of us knows what love is."

His eyes darken and he stalks towards me, his hand wrapping around my neck. He slams his lips against mine and it takes everything inside of me not to kiss him back. He pulls away. "You can't," he says. "After everything."

"I know," I whisper. "I just don't feel love for you anymore. Things have changed."

"Anoushka. Talk to me."

I knew what would easily make Creighton believe me but I didn't know if I wanted to say it. Creighton will never forgive me if I do this. You're doing this to protect him.
I remind myself constantly that I'm doing this because I love him. Inhaling a sharp breath, I look up at him. "You know what Creighton, you aren't the only person I kissed today," I say, forcing a cruel smile on my lips.

His hand drops from my neck as he takes a step back, blinking at me. "What the fuck did you just say?" he asks, his mouth parting in utter shock.

I look up at him. "I kissed Ivan and I-" my voice wavers for a second before I swallow hard. "-I feel something for him and it's only fitting considering I have to marry him."

"You kissed Ivan," he repeats quietly, mulling over the words as if he's trying to understand what I did.

I nod. "I don't know how it happened." I choke out. "We were in the room and-"

He scoffs. "He was in your room."

"We were just talking and I kiss-"

"Don't finish that sentence, Anoushka," he demands, his voice sharp. "You fucking cheated on me."

I swallow hard as I look up at him. "You deserve better than me," I tell him. "Someone who wouldn't cheat on you." I choke out.

He nodded his head as if he agreed with me and my heart broke. "I don't want anyone if they are not you," he whispers. I stay silent and he finally takes a step forward. "You promised you wouldn't do this to me," he whispers, pressing his forehead against mine. "Don't do this to us."

"I don't want to be with you anymore. I've realised some things about you and me and I don't see a future with you." I tell him.

Something washes over his eyes. "You are my future," he admits.

"I don't feel the same way," I whisper.

"I love yo-"

"I don't love you, Creighton." I cut him off. "I never have."

"Angel." he chokes out, caressing my cheek.

My heart clenches in the most tragic way possible. How is it that the word I started off despising is the one word that I loved coming out of his mouth?

"You'll find someone else." I tell him.

"I don't need anyone else. I only need you." he continues. His eyes were silently pleading with me to change my mind but I couldn't. I was doing this because I loved him.

He let go of me completely. My body filled with coldness I never knew before. "I'm leaving now. If you don't stop me then we're over. I'm willing to forgive you for this because I do love you Angel. I always have."

I swallow hard as I watch him turn his back on me. I don't reply to him nor do I even try to stop him. "I'm sorry." I whisper and he freezes, looking over his shoulder. Hope fills his eyes. "But I don't want you anymore." I finish, my voice is cold and harsh.

He flinches at the tone of my voice before he shakes his head. "If I didn't love you," he whispers. "It would've made this easier. But even then, I can't imagine never loving you."

That was the last thing he said before he left, carrying my broken heart with him. I lost him. I lost my Creighton. 

I drop onto my bed, covering my mouth with silent sobs.

A/N
I was listening to rolling in the deep by Adele while editing this chapter and it seriously works with it.. You know that one part of the song..yeah.