36

ANOUSHKA

I let out a groan as I roll over to Creighton's side of the bed. I try to reach for his warm body instead I am met with the cold side of the bed and I reluctantly open my eyes. Where is he?

I hear footsteps and then a voice. "You alright, Angel?" I hear Creighton ask.

I rub my eyes while I sit up and glance up at Creighton. My gaze trails over his shirtless body and finally to the tray in his hand. "I'm okay." I finally reply to his question. A smile curls my lips as he takes a step closer, popping the tray in front of me. "What's this?"

"Breakfast in bed for my angel." he replies, grinning.

A laugh escapes my mouth as I grin at him. "You really didn't have to."

"I wanted to." he replies, sitting beside me.

"Thank you." I whisper and he smiles softly at me.

"Eat your breakfast and we'll get ready for today."

I purse my lips, looking down at the sweatshirt I was wearing. "I don't have my things." I tell him.

He shakes his head. "I called Wren to bring everything over."

"You know I could just gone back to my dorm and got ready."

He narrows his eyes at me. "No." he says. "You're getting ready here. I like watching you get ready."

I snort. "Okay stalker."

"Only for you." he says, leaning over and grabbing a piece of toast.

•••

Ever since that talk with my dad yesterday, the headteacher hasn't stopped me from walking with Creighton and speaking to him. I guess she really was getting paid to ensure that Creighton and I weren't friends.

"We have tutoring tonight." he says as he walks me to maths.

"You would think that you would cancel tutoring now that we're dating." I grumble. Tutoring wasn't really my favourite activity of the day. 

"You have to be a bit more persuasive than that." he says, chuckling.

An idea pops in my head. "I have other ways to persuade you," I say, in that seductive voice that he goes crazy over.

He smirks. "If you manage to persuade me then I'll cancel tutoring tonight."

A determined smile tugs at my lips. "You're on."

A group of officers stormed past Cridghton and me. "Ivan," he says.

We discretely follow those officers and we land outside Ivan's room where Creighton's uncle walks out. Nothing was in his hands. Fuck.

"I don't think it worked Creighton."

Creighton clears his throat and strolls over to his uncle and I follow beside him. "Did you find anything?"

"No. Sorry son. Where did you get that idea that Ivan had something to do with Iris's disappearance?"

He flashes him a charming smile. "A hunch."

"Well. I think Ivan is pretty much innocent. In fact, the principal admitted to everything. He kidnapped Iris because she was going to expose him for sleeping with a student."