Vol.17 Ch.10: Analyzing Anything and Everything

Start from the beginning

Nonetheless, Sonya made sure to report even uneventful things like this. It was necessary for her to maintain this consistent routine to make sure she won't start neglecting the job.

The moment I start slacking - it'll be game over. I won't be able to get back on track. Sonya thought. I already find myself questioning whether all of this is really neccessary, so...

Seriously, there was nothing remarkable about Vanishing's actions thus far. As a result, it was becoming increasingly harder to stay motivated about this job.

No, stop thinking like that! Sonya shook her head. This is exactly the "trap", isn't it? If I start taking her too lightly, then it'll be over. I'll lose sight of her.

The longer this went on, the harder Sonya had to wrestle with her own brain to maintain the motivation for this routine. It was quite an exhausting experience, and funnily enough, the one responsible for causing the trouble didn't even have to lift a finger to make any of this happen. Thus far, Vanishing was just minding her own business in a very passive manner, yet her mere existence caused Sonya so much trouble.

It's not like I have all the time in the world for this. I have my own problems to deal with, too. Sonya ranted as she unleashed Whirlwind on the new minion wave that arrived. I have a lane to farm, and I have to position myself correctly against the Sorcerer. Seriously, I almost have my hands full with just this.

In order to safely cast her Whirlwind, Sonya first had to carefully position herself far enough from the Sorcerer's reach. And, after she cast the spell, Sonya had to adjust her position yet again, to make sure she was outside the sniping range of Repelling Force.

I should be fine here. Sonya nodded to herself and resumed her side job of monitoring the jungle. So, where did Vanishing disappear to? I feel like I haven't seen her for a very long time now.

Sonya scanned the map from top to bottom again, but there were no signs of the phantom anywhere. At this rate, Sonya might end up delivering a second empty report in a row.

Tch, what a waste of my attention span. Sonya shook her head. All I have to report right now is that Vanishing is still missing. And, considering how much time has passed since we've seen her, this report is pretty much useless.

At this point, Vanishing could be literally anywhere on the map. The wards have failed to reveal the girl during all this time, so it meant Vanishing could've easily rotated to any part of the map by now. As such, there was nothing to really report here.

Nonetheless, it was Sonya's job to monitor Vanishing, so she made sure to deliver the regular report in a timely fashion.

"I haven't seen their Jungler for quite some time now," Sonya reported. "She might've recalled at some point, but we can't be sure. She was last seen in Bot Jungle, but considering how much time has passed, she could be anywhere right now."

That was the extent of what Sonya could report about the current state of affairs. In short, she had no idea where Vanishing was or whether that forgettable Jungler was planning to cause trouble anytime soon.

Now, back to focusing on the lane. Sonya shifted her eyes from the mini-map to the lane in front of her. She had no choice but to keep going back and forth between the two ever since the game started.

Fortunately, Sonya was an Aeromancer, so things were a little easier for her in that regard. As far as the lane situation was concerned, Sonya simply had to cast Whirlwind and then distance herself away from the scene.

In fact, this was one of the major considerations for picking Aeromancer for this game. Sonya had already discussed this topic with Cato a week ago, and they agreed that Aeromancer was one of the best classes to pick whenever Sonya had to work part-time as Vanishing's supervisor.