Chapter 63: Trick

Começar do início

Layla was enraged and anxious at the same time.

Benjamin hated scandalous news like these. He had been strongly against Victoria's decision to enter the entertainment industry back then, but in the end, he remained silent because of Kristina. As she said, Johns Media was in the entertainment industry after all.

If this matter got out of hand, not only would it affect Victoria and Johns Media, but even Benjamin...

Benjamin's patience had been wearing thin recently because of Arya and her mother's matter. Sometimes, he might even get violent with Layla if...

Layla suddenly felt this matter was extremely complex. Benjamin was someone who would not open up easily. Even after staying by his side for over 20 years, she never really knew what he was thinking about. She had to admit that she was afraid of Benjamin.

Kristina's expression was dark and strained while her eyes were sharp.

Layla got more anxious when Kristina did not react at all. She could not help but voice out,

"Mother, please say something. Isn't Victoria your favourite? If this ends badly, I'm really afraid that Benjamin will get angry, and the image Victoria has built up over so many years will be ruined. Look at this news. They even revealed news from several years ago and tried to make things difficult for Victoria. That witch Lin Ling made things even worse. She kept spreading bad rumours about Victoria! Even Caitlyn joined in the fray as well. Have you forgotten that Victoria mentioned Arya is on good terms with Caitlyn?"

"This matter is quite tricky. We can only observe the situation for some time. Isn't there a charity dinner at the Thomas Corporation tomorrow? Send Victoria over. Ignore these scandals for now and go about as usual. I hope you can focus on the stakeholder meeting for now. I called CEO Thomas yesterday and found out that he sold his shares to someone already. We have to find out who's behind this to avoid any loss on our end."

Kristina closed the Weibo page, her expression grim.

"I have a feeling that something's not right. We have to get that document back from Arianna as soon as possible."

"But Benjamin won't agree to it. That's Benjamin's compensation to her when they got divorced. Mother, have you forgotten that Benjamin almost broke off relations with you the last time. If we do it now, he'll surely..." Layla reminded with a frown.

Kristina suddenly let out a cold snicker.

"Don't worry. He'll have to agree to it. Johns Media is the Johns family business. How can we let an outsider take charge of it? I have my way of getting him to agree."

Layla's uneasy thoughts died down after hearing Kristina's words. She gave it some thought before replying,

"Mmm, I'll leave this to Mother then. I'm going back to the Hudson Residence later. Smiths and the Martinez Corporation are both interested in the South River project. They were thinking of developing it together, and Victoria mentioned it to me. I'll go and talk to my brother and see if things can be worked out."

Kristina nodded. "Go then. Ask Victoria to pay them a visit as well. Send my regards to Elder Hudson, I'll visit sometime later. Things are a little hectic recently, it's been a long time since I last visited him."

"Don't worry, Mother, I will!"

"Mmm, by the way, send him the gifts I have inside my car."

Layla nodded before leaving Kristina's office.

The Hudson family in New York City was one of the prestigious families as well. Layla's father was once a top ranking official in the government sector, and now Layla's eldest brother followed in his footsteps, holding a high position in the same sector as well. Her second brother was the Vice President at Smiths and held a fair number of Smiths shares. As the youngest in the family, Layla grew up receiving lots of love and attention from her powerful family.