"Quid Pro Woe: First disagreements and scars."

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Enid pulled the handle once and twice and... The door opened. Y/N whistled in surprise. "Wow, you're strong Enid," he commented.

Tyler was apparently surprised as well.

"Werewolf thing." Proudly stated Enid.

Tyler looked at Y/N wanting to know what he thought about it. Y/N shrugged his shoulders. "I would have opened it too."

Tyler smiled. "You sure would, Y/N. For sure."

"I would really open them!" Y/N tried to convince him." Tyler walked inside behind Enid and Wednesday. "Hey, Tyler I swear I would have opened them."

Y/N sighed and started heading for the entrance. However, before he could cross the threshold of the door, Wednesday stopped him. Y/N looked at her in surprise. "What is it?"

"You stay here. There must be someone to warn us as if someone has entered the property." Wednesday explained.

Y/N wanted to protest remembering what happened when he left Eugen alone. "What if something is there and attacks you."

"I can handle it. I'm not a damsel in distress." Wednesday looked into Y/N's eyes, clear she saw uncertainty and fear in them. "Can I trust you to do this, Y/N?"

Seeing her gaze that said I trust you, Y/N decided. "I-. Okay, I'll stay." Slightly resigned, though, he will confide in this task.

"I'm grateful." With that, she walked away leaving him alone.

Y/N slammed the previously opened door or rather the one Enid had ripped open. And sat down on the step. Waiting for a potential threat.

-X-

Meanwhile, Wednesday, Tyler and Enid surveyed the property. In the garage, seeing the car that hit the Mayor, and continued to head deeper into the house.

Wednesday entered a room that had a large portrait of the Gates family. "Here they are. The Gates family. They scrub up well for psychopaths." Wednesday directed the flashlight light at Garrett Gates. "There's Garrett, his outcast-hating father, Ansel, and you must be Laurel. They're all long gone. So the question is-"

Wednesday Enid and Tyler entered the next room. "Why did Goody lead me here?"

The room was covered in webs, and walls were stained, with dust not covering only mere corners. Time had done its job, what was once a certain beautiful and well-maintained building was now a shadow of itself. This room had many paintings covered in dust and cobwebs, and there were also antlers to be seen hanging on the wall.

And a small library with many books covered with the marks of time.

Wednesday was looking for something right there. Until finally.

*Click*

The middle shelf slid open showing a portrait of none other than Joseph Crackstone.

"Who doesn't have a spooky built-in altar in their family's library?" Enid sarcastically asked. Not expecting an answer.

"Ours in the living room." Wednesday had replied. "More seating for year-long Dia do los Muertos."

Enid whimpered horrified, and Tyler was still surprised to hear Wednesday's family habits. This one just took a step forward entering the center of the small room. Lighting up the sign.