Solace

"What are you doing?" Murtasim asked a engrossed Meerab tieing her baby hairs in a clip.

"Making dynamite. " Meerab replied to a happy Murtasim.

"Wow. Are you going to sell them? Or they are going to blast on you?" Murtasim talked all nonsense he could.

"Shut up Murtasim. Let me concentrate on the magazine." Meerab dismissed him.

"I took some photographs of animals as I went with baba today. Thought to show you first but never mind."

"Really! You did? Show me."

"Nah. You carry on with your article."

"Accha I will make you coffee. Now show me."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

Meerab sighed. She missed him. It's been 3 years she saw him in person. They both drifted apart. He took over their feudal duties and she shifted to Islamabad for her law studies. He never called her, nor texted her. Only time she saw her was when he came to Islamabad for taking her to home.

"Thinking about Murtasim bhai?" Shaista her friend asked her and all Meerab could do is take a deep breath.

"It's so painful. I just can't bear with the fact that he has forgotten me. How will I tolerate someone else with him?" Meerab sobbed hard.

"What happens to you when the matter is him?" Shaista never understood this fact.

"I don't know. It is just I can't control my emotions when it's him. He is my solace. What if he isn't mine anymore?" She sobbed hard.

"He's coming to get you home right? Just ask him. Talk to him and clear it." Shaista suggested.

"It's not easy. It's way more complicated than yours and Kamil's."

"But we solved it right? And you know him your whole life. Leave everyone, trust your Murtasim." She just hummed and resumed packing. Today they were going back home.

Sometimes Meerab wad jealous of Shaista. On the topic how Kamil used to come to meet him once in a month. But Murtasim never came.

It was time to leave. She was bidding bye to Shaista while Murtasim was a silent specter.

"Assalamualaikum Murtasim bhai." Shaista tried to start a conversation.

"Walaikumussalam Shaista. How are you?" Murtasim replied politely much to the girls shock.

"You know my name?"

"I even know this is Kamil Khanzada, your fiancé. How are you brother?"

"I am good. They are too shocked. Well, Shaista I know your Murtasim bhai from last 3 years."

"Tum ghar chalo mai batata hu tumko Kamil."

"Agayi meri shamat."Kamil murmured.

They finally bid adieu to each other and the journey started.

"Aren't you happy that you are finally going back home?" He spoke suddenly startling her.

"Should I be?" She whispered.

"Maybe you should."

"Yes. I am. Finally I will be with my family."

And that's it. It went into drain.

-----

It's been 15 days since she came back. And still there was no progress in their equation. He didn't spare a glance at her. She dolled up everyday just for him to notice and praise her. Just for him to look at and keep looking at. But unfortunately he never did.