Murtasim

A chapter on Murtasim's point of view on initial episodes!

"Tum bas rehna sath mere.
Meri aur koi khwaish nhi."

-Murtasim

Meerab! This one girl has always been in his mind. Sometimes because of her outspoken behaviour, sometimes because of her courage. Her courage to talk back with Ma begum was another topic to gossip when she came Hyderabad. Not that she was disrespectful towards her, she corrected her when she was wrong which looked otherwise impossible. No one dared to do that.

She was beautiful too.

He admired how flawless she looked even when she just woke up. Courtesy, Ma begum once sent him to wake her up when she was in his house.

She has grown up into a beautiful lady.

She had been a brat. Spoiled princess. She would just point and his uncle and her father would bring that thing to her.

She was his friend. His only friend. His best friend. He didn't know what destroyed their beautiful friendship. He just remember they went to sleep happily and the next day she stopped talking to him. He tried everything. Gave her favourite chocolates, bouquets of her favourite flower. Even brought her the cat she liked. She always loved gajra. He brought countless of them but nothing melted her. And he lost his only friend.

The anger he shows her he never mean it but maybe he doesn't hold the same position in her life.

She thinks he hates her presence. How he wishes her to know that he literally prays to see her once in a month!

Every year they celebrate her birthday grandly. And all the preparations were done by him only. Be it the cake design, the decorations, the theme or dress code everything. Every year he brought a gift for her but couldn't muster up the courage to give her. Maybe she would throw them breaking his heart. He was happy to see her happy.

Whenever she wanted something and Ma begum didn't agree he would always make her agree some or other way just to see her happy.

For him she was his best friend and deserved all the happiness.

Even this time, her birthday was going to be planned by him only.

As he came back home, his mother asked him to go to Karachi with Anwar chacha. One thing he never understood that why all her decisions were made by chacha Anwar not waqas? She was his daughter. And whenever he asked this question he was counter questioned and that made him shut up.

This time her wish was to study law. His family was against it. But he knew she always wanted to become a lawyer. It was her dream. When he argued, Anwar just gave some lame excuses.

She was denied. Again.! All she wanted to study and they had issue with it. Bullshit. He made a mental note to talk to his mother about this.

As her birthday came, like all those years he did all the things only to find that she was out with her friends and Ma to order him to get her.

Wow! Brilliant

As he reached her house, the maid informed that she wasn't home and no one knew where she went. Panic rushed through his veins. He somehow calmed himself down and searched for her.

The address he found was a party hall. As he entered he saw her blowing the candles. She looked cute. Hayee bestie! But what was the boy doing there? He marched towards them and

"We have to reach Hyderabad as soon as possible. Let's go." He pulled her only to see that boy holding her hand.

Oh boy! You are in trouble!