"Then, my brother got cancer. I-I've tried talking to him for help but...we both got rejected." She chuckled bitterly. "That is when I met Peter."

"But he died…and eventually I developed depression myself…I fought so hard for this life right now. But seeing him here…in flesh and personal…brought me back to the past...Noong nagmakaawa pa ako sa kanya…kasi mamamatay na si kuya…"

She broke down but I was able to completely pull her into a hug. She was shaking and sobbing so hard.

"Gaston…masakit pa rin..." She sobbed harder in my arms.

I let her cry on my shoulder. "Shhh, I'm here."

We remained like that for I don't know how many minutes. I let her let it all out, hanggang sa naging mahihinang hikbi na lang ang pag iyak niya.

Na kahit sa ganitong paraan lamang, mapagaan ko ang bigat na nararamdaman niya.

I softly looked at her. And slowly, I slipped my finger through her scrunchie and caressed her scar there. Nanatiling mahina ang kanyang mga mata.

"That is why you did this?..." I carefully asked.

She gasped looking so surprised with my question but eventually, she slowly nodded her head. "And it was…my biggest regret. My brother died and he wanted to live more…while I did the opposite. That was the biggest slap to me." She smiled bitterly.

I slowly nodded my head, and I could feel the heavy load in my chest disappear. She learned her lesson the hard way. It was brutal and honest.

Ngumiti ako ng marahan sa kanya. "You've done a good job, Carmella. I am proud of you."

We both remained looking at the city lights, and all I could hear was her constant sighs. Hinayaan ko siyang mag isip na lang muna, to clear her thoughts.

As much as I wanted to ask more questions about her current situation right now, I do not want to pressure her. What I found out today is fine. It is already enough.

But I won't deny that I'm not bothered by his father's biddings towards our relationship. What if's came into my mind and I am afraid that she…might consider things.

I shook my head, there is no way I'll let that happen. The arrangement that he is talking about will never happen. Never.

"We should go back now, baka hinahanap na tayo." She softly said.

Kaagad akong umiling sa kanya. "We'll go home now. You don't have to go back there. And I won't let him near you again."

Ngumiti siya ng marahan sa akin. And slowly, nodded her head. "But at least, show up to your Mom and say sorry for my part."

"I'll text her. You don't have to worry about her, she will understand."

Kaya naman bumaba na kami at dumiretso na sa parking. I just texted Mom that Carmella suddenly had a headache.

Nakarating kami kaagad sa apartment niya. Bumili rin ako ng ice cream niya kanina. I opened the door for her at halos maghahating gabi na rin. We both entered her apartment, pumasok siya kaagad sa kanyang kwarto hanbang naiwan ako sa may sala.

Huminga ako ng malalim. Her problems are my problems but she clearly stated from the very start that her issues are her own issues. Wala akong karapatan.

She went out and she is wearing her white t-shirt and jammies on. She is free of makeup too. I looked at her wrist at wala na siyang suot na scrunchie. I could freely see it.

"Hmmm, hahatian kita." She got the tub of ice cream and went to her kitchen.

Lumakad ako palapit sa kanya ng may maalala ako. She finished mine and gave me a glass of ice cream. Ngumuso ako sa kanya.