For how much of an idiot Lars was he was pretty fucking smart. Like surprisingly smart.

"Damn." I muttered in utter disbelief.

"Well is he your boyfriend? We gotta go get drinks with him." He asked.

"No, I don't date. " I simply said.

"Ohh, friends with benefits. I see." He said.

"Yeah, yeah friends with benefits." I said liking that as a better alternative to call Kirk.

"What was his name? Kirk Hammett right?" He asked.

"Yeah, curly hair, doe eyes, mustache, very soft spoken." I said listing off traits of Kirk.

"Awww yes it's love, you have to introduce me. I'll be your best man at your wedding." He said all excited.

"We can't get married." I said.

"Oh shit that is the truth. Well i'll be the best wingman in existence." He said.

"Alright Lars thank you." I said with a sarcastic tone but a smile on my face.

I was happy that Lars was taking this well, I mean he was more interested in me and Kirk than me being gay. Lars really is my best friend, I feel bad for not trusting him enough to tell him.

"Alright boys I got cases." Peanut said.

Lars and I have been doing cases all day and we were chilling on the back of my pickup since we were feeling tired.

"So this mechanic, he's pretty handsome then huh?" Lars asked.

"Yeah, he really is. The first time I saw him I knew I wasn't gonna just fuck him and forget him. I see him again later." I said.

"Oh, like a date?" He asked.

"I guess, we just drink beers and relax that's about it." I said.

"Well what time he normally goes round your place?" Lars asked.

"7." I said.

"Shit Jim you gotta go it's 7:15!" Lars exclaimed pushing me slightly.

"He has a spare and i'll just give him a call." I said.

"You sure he's not your boyfriend? He has a spare and everything." Lars asked.

"I don't date Lars." I said.

"Why?" Lars asked.

I took that as my cue to leave.

"Jim!" Lars shouted as I got in my truck.

"Not now i'll tell you later." I said.

I made it back home and opened the door, to my surprise Kirk wasn't here. I felt kinda sad but then again he wasn't my boyfriend so I shouldn't expect him to come every night.

I took off my holster and my hat and went to my room. I was really clammy and sticky since i've been working all day so I decided to take a shower.

My shower was oddly therapeutic. I wasn't thinking about anything and the hot water was punching my skin in a way that was like I getting a massage. I felt calmer, lighter, happier.

I stepped out of the shower with a great sigh. I put a towel around my waist and walked out. My hair was dripping water onto the floor and I decided to clean it up later.

I put on my clothes and started cleaning. Yes something is wrong with me. And something even more crazy, I did a good job. Wow. I need to go the mental institution fast.