Lisa spoke next, "As a person who believes in science, I agree. There's no such thing as luck. Things don't happen for no reason. There's always a cause and a logical reason to make events happen, even if they are accidental. Besides, even if luck were real, we're lucky to have a brother like Lincoln in our lives. He has always been there for us, sacrificing his own time to support us, and it's high time we sacrifice some of our time to be there for him."

"Hear-hear!" Luan agreed.

The others nodded in agreement.

Lori turned to her younger athletic sister, "Do I make myself clear, Lynn?"

Lynn looked away while letting out a sigh and rolling her eyes.

Lori's face turned stern as she put her hands on her hips.

"Lynn? Do. I. Make. Myself. Clear?" Lori repeated very firmly.

Lynn turned back to her older sister, "Yes, crystal clear."

Lori sat back on the couch but wasn't convinced, and neither were the others. Lynn, being a person who believes in luck all too well, continued to wonder more about whether or not Lincoln was bad luck.

Meanwhile

The sun was setting as they left the restaurant. Clyde and Ronnie had already left, leaving the two lovebirds to themselves as they waited for the bus.

"Me getting adopted by Clyde or Ronnie Anne? Where did you come up with that idea?" Lincoln asked.

"I did a little research and some thinking. It makes sense that you'd feel safe with them. Although, I'm hoping you'd be adopted by Clyde more than Ronnie Anne. With Clyde, you would still live in Royal Woods. With Ronnie Anne, you might end up moving with her if her mom takes that job in Great Lake City. Plus, you might fall for her if you two live together," Stella explained.

"What? No, we're just friends, and I'm with you," Lincoln said, holding her hand.

Stella smiled. The bus showed up, and they got on.

"You know, we haven't had an official date yet. You know, just the two of us. I was going to wait until after this mess was over, but I'm wondering if it's needed to lift your spirits," Stella said.

"That sounds wonderful. We can do whatever you want. It doesn't have to be big or anything unless you want it to. I just want to be with you," Lincoln replied.

Stella put her arm around her boyfriend's shoulder and held him close.

"Good, because that's all I want," Stella replied.

Lincoln rested his head on her shoulder and held her hand. The bus ride home was very peaceful and filled Lincoln and Stella with contentment. Lincoln groaned while rubbing his forehead.

Stella noticed this, "Still getting headaches?"

"Yeah, I'm almost out of meds. I'll need one of my parents to run to the pharmacy," Lincoln answered.

"Well, hopefully, some sleep will make it go away. Do you think you'll be okay for school tomorrow, or do you need more time?" Stella asked.

"I'll be fine. Sooner or later, I'll have to go back. Might as well be sooner," Lincoln responded.

"You know . . . softball season starts in one month from tomorrow. If the whole bad luck thing happens because Lynn loses a game, then our 'plan' will happen soon," Stella said.