Teaser for the Sequel

It's been a minute since I updated. I don't have much to offer, besides letting you all know that I am working on the sequel as much as I can!

I have 5 chapters completed outside of editing them. I know that doesn't seem like much, but I'm also trying to make the chapters a bit longer! So there's more content.

In the meantime, enjoy this little teaser (; let me know your thoughts

Love always,
Your forever grateful lady,
Ghoste

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"You did not feel threatened by her, it appears," he said, his voice deep and alluring.

I shook my head, leaning forward a bit to bring my face closer to his. I could feel his breath on my cheeks. "Why would I? If she had the ability to whisk you away from me, then she should keep you. I have no desire to be with someone who can be so easily swayed"

"Your arrogance is showing. Perhaps I should remind of you of why you should feel honored to have me wrapped around your pretty little finger," he said quietly, leaning in even closer. I could feel his lips brush against mine as I responded.

"Now look who's being arrogant," I instigated. I was being so bold. Much more bold than I should have been, considering how fast my heart was beating.

He pressed a hand to my shoulder, forcing me back against my chair. I inhaled sharply at the sudden movement.

"I earned the right to be. Allow me to prove it," he whispered into my ear. I shivered as his lips met my pulse.