Is It Really Okay?

"𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚒𝚗 𝚊 𝚍𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚠𝚊𝚢, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚒𝚗 𝚊 𝚠𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚠𝚊𝚢, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚠𝚎 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚗𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚗𝚢 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚊𝚝 𝚊𝚕𝚕"

~*~*~*~*~^~*~*~

"Good evening," Fyodor hummed with his eyes closed as he leaned back against the headboard.

i lifted my head off his lap, and his hand lazily removed itself. I looked to the clock on my nightstand that read 3:47 am, and my eyes went wide as i turned to look at the Russian.

"Have you been laying here like this the whole time?" I said with panic in my tone.

He nodded. "You needed to sleep," he said nonchalantly as his lids slowly opened.

"What about you?" I scrambled the rest of the way off his lap.

"I fell asleep at some point too. No worries," he yawned and lifted off the headboard to stretch.

"I cant imagine that was comfortable. Im so sorry. You could've woken me up or moved me," i mumbled. My hair fell down over my shoulders, and I noticed two things. First, that I had been in just a tank top and shorts the whole time, and secondly, that my hair was knot free. Not only had i been more exposed than i wanted to be, but he had spent a long enough time with me laying there that he hand brushed my hair by hand.

"Its quite alright. I would not have been able to sleep well anyways, as i have been very excited for my plans," he tilted his neck from side to side, and a few cracks could be heard as he did so.

I winced as I got off the bed, rushing over to my closet. "what are these plans of yours anyways?" I tried to hide my anxiety by sparking up a normal conversation. I dug through my closet until i found a blue robe made of silk, and i wrapped it around my body before closing the closet doors.

"would you like to see them right now?" Fyodor had silently gotten off the bed as well, making me jump when I turned around and he was right in front of me. If he had any opinion about my being startled, he didnt comment on it.

"If it'll make it so you get some proper sleep, then sure," I tried to be as stoic as he often was. It was hard to pretend like I wasnt both excited and nervous.

He opened up my bedroom door and gestured for me to go first. I did, and waited for him in the hallway to lead me. He walked past me and I followed, though i was surprised when we only went two doors down and ended up in the music room.

I smiled as I saw the piano, staring at it like it was my last meal. "You wanted to play?"

"I figured we could play together. Would you like to?" He walked over to his chair, propping his Cello up so that he was ready. He must've known I wouldnt say no.

"I'd love to," i said as i quickly took my place on the bench at the piano. There was already sheets of music laid out on the holster, and I assumed that was what he wanted us to play. I knew the song well, and it was actually one of my favorites, so i started up immediately.

It began with soft and simple cords, and Fyodor didnt chime in right away. I could see him from across the room where i was, as he had turned the piano to face him, and he had a serene smile on his face as his eyes closed.

Softly, i started playing the notes with more ambition as the song picked up. I dont think he expected me to know the song, because his brows raised a bit. I knew the chords without ever having to look up.

He chimed in with his own instrument as I played. It was in flawless sync with me, and he didn't bother looking at the sheets either. It was as if the music told of every word he couldnt formulate, and every thought he couldnt express.