I Am Happy

"𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚘𝚌𝚎𝚊𝚗 𝚒𝚜 𝚊 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚛𝚎𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚏 𝚖𝚢𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚏 - 𝚘𝚏 𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚒 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚋𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚢𝚎𝚝 𝚙𝚎𝚘𝚙𝚕𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚢 𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚞𝚛𝚏𝚊𝚌𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙸 𝚔𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎, 𝚒𝚗 𝚏𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝙸'𝚕𝚕 𝚍𝚛𝚘𝚠𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖" - 𝚏𝚕𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚙𝚑𝚊𝚜𝚎

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I could feel my body ache as the sun blinded me through the cracks in the curtains. I sighed heavily at the inconvenience, and turned the opposite direction in my bed.

"You're awake!" Niklaus's voice was naturally loud, but it was even more annoying with my pounding headache.

"Please, Niklaus. Quiet down" I groaned into my pillow. I could feel my long black hair scattered all over my face, and my limbs were tangled in the bed sheets in a chaotic matter.

I could hear Klaus's footsteps as he neared the edge of my bed, and I peeled my eyes open to look at him. He smiled at me, though his eyes screamed of some sort of relief. "Sorry," he said. "I was just worried about you"

"For what?" I glared at him. I felt like death, and his pestering was making it a million times worse.

"Do you not remember?" He asked with wide eyes, and I furrowed mine in turn.

"Remember what?"

Niklaus turned towards the doorway as we both hear footsteps coming down the hall. They were soft - elegant. I knew those footsteps anywhere.

And just like that, it hit me. Ivan, the snake, my ability, and.. Fyodor.. the way he looked at me.. discarded me, even. It was a pain I was all too familiar with, and it was settling down inside my chest, making a bed out of my bones.

Fyodor stopped in the doorway and gazed at me. He wore no expression, making it impossible to tell what he was thinking. If I was to be realistic, I would say I was surprised he hadn't killed me yet. I was sure he would.

"You look well," he commented bluntly. His voice was quiet, yet it carried so much weight.

"I don't feel it," I told him truthfully.

Niklaus glanced back and fourth between us, seeming to catch the hint. He gave a small wave and an awkward, half assed smile as he left, and nodded in Fyodors direction on his way out. I found that to be quite odd, considering he didn't have a very good opinion of the Russian.

The raven haired man nodded back as some sort of silent form of gratitude, and took slow strides towards my side. "I expected as much," he said with his usual thick Russian accent.

To say I was confused would be an understatement. I used my arms to force myself up into a sitting position. The blanket slid off my shoulders and I looked down at myself with furrowed brows. These aren't the clothes I was wearing.

"I can imagine you are very disoriented and confused right now. I apologize. If you would like me to elaborate on what happened in your absence, I would be happy to do so," Fyodor said calmly as stood. He looked down at me with the most stoic expression I've ever seen him give. Almost as if he were trying to keep himself composed.

"Why am I alive?" I asked, surprising even myself with the suddenness of it.

He narrowed his eyes with curiosity. "You awaken after an entire week of fighting to survive, and that is the first question you have?"