chapter 15: Tea with a Spot of Murder

Draco

"For the record Mr. Malfoy, I personally am not pleased to be letting your go. You are the best seeker I've seen in the past 50 years, and it pains me to release you from the team," our owner, Gordon Douglas reiterates for the millionth time during this meeting.

Can we kill him and go to the mother for tea now?

Tempting, I retort as I let Gordon drone on and on about how the board, and committee for quidditch regulations blah blah say basically its an unfair advantage to have a dragon on their team. Even going as far as to say they will strike all my wins from our records if I'm not let go.

Can't fully blame my irritation and frustration wholly on my situation or the man in front of me. Being away from Hermione has me on edge to say the very least. I'm beyond eager to head to Gringotts and tea with my mother so I can meet her and Potter in Kinnaber. In fact this whole meeting is fucking pointless.

Standing, I re-button my dress robes, and pull non-existent lint from the lapel before turning my cold gaze on Gordon.

"Thank you for your explanation, but unless you wish to tell me you're going to ignore the committee, fight the ruling and keep me employed.. well our business arrangement is now concluded."

With his mouth still gaping open from my words, I turn and head out to an apparation point to meet mother at Gringotts. Because it's time to get my mate a proper engagement ring. One worthy of her, of the next Lady Malfoy. One perfect for the absolute light of my life.
____________________________________________________

With Hermione's future ring in my robes, I head with my mother to her favorite spot for a light lunch and tea.

As a former Death Eater, and the only son to the Malfoy line, I'm accustomed to stares and whispers. Looks with a bit of fear though.. eh not as much. Well at least not to this degree. Being a dragon is apparently scary to some of my fellow witches and wizards. Who knew?

Though I could absolutely care less as to how people feel about me, there's still a bit of queasiness...no maybe a bit of restlessness I can't seem to shake.

We have been away from our mate too long. Feels wrong. Something is not right.

No, she's fine. If she were in actual danger. We would know without a doubt. Potter is with her as well.

Do not like it still.

"Draco, darling are you listening to me?" Mother chides across from me at the small table.

"Of course mother, I do have manners after all."

"Well then. You must agree that the manor grounds are a perfect place for the wedding,"she says so nonchalantly I choke on my tea.

"I must have misheard you. Did you just say the manor would be perfect for my wedding? My wedding that would be to my Granger- Hermione. To Hermione?"

Clucking her tongue with irritation, she elegantly sets her cup down on the saucer. Turning her attention to me fully, I have the strange urge to slouch down into seat. Which would most assuredly horrify her.

"I'm well aware of whom you would be wedding Draco," she deadpans back at me.

"Forgive me mother, but I've been under the impression that you do not care for Hermione. So please allow me a bit of grace here that you're so willing to have us wed on your precious property," I say somehow managing to keep my voice even without raising it once.

Absently I feel panic for a moment, and a flash of pain to my head that has me confused and on edge before my mother brings my attention back to the conversation at hand.