Chapter 9: Autographs

I cannot fathom a time where Hermione wasn't mine. Where I didn't wake up knowing I had the most perfect, wonderful, witch in the world.

How I could have slept next to her, in the crook of my arm keeping her night terrors away, but not close enough to almost suffocate in her unruly hair each morning like I now do. And as much as my digestive tract isn't fond of me from consuming said hair.. I wouldn't change a single goddamned thing.

Weeks pass in a blur of veritable happiness.

Hermione joins me everytime I find to fly, though she usually declines to ride the dragon. It still means everything to me that she's there. Scribbling away on in her notebook, as I circle, dip and dive around her in dragon form trying to break her concentration like a love sick buffoon.

I'm proud and overjoyed to say Hermione has now never missed a game. That's saying quite a bit considering she's deep in research for her latest book. Muggles v No Maj, A Comprehensive and Detrimental Differences between Cultures.

Merlin, is it supposed to be such a turn on she's so fucking smart? Even back at Hogwarts, I used to get hot after a class where she positively schooled the other students. Not me of course. I mean come on, I'm Draco Malfoy after all.

So humble, my dragon grumbles.

He's pouty and irritated that Hermione will be missing her first game tonight. Can't say I'm overly happy about it either. Strange of all games for her to miss is the one game she's never once skipped. Its not my first time playing the future Mrs. Potter, and it certainly won't be the last time I crush her little quidditch heart. Especially considering we're the only two teams that undefeated.

Perhaps we should let her win? I think to the dragon.

Perhaps you should punch us in our face instead. That would be preferable than not winning.

I should have seen that reply coming. He'd not like us to look weak for any reason.

I'm doing warm up with Davies, while River and Adrian work themselves into the mix. All three of them taking turns enchanting a practice snitch for me to track down. Fuck does it feel nice just simply doing mundane things, knowing that when I lay my head on the pillow tonight it'll smell like lavender, like Hermione.
___________________________________________________

I'm not saying I let the Weaslette score a few times (though really I did ask River to fumble a bit), to make her feel better, but...

But really it didn't matter. I caught the snitch 45 minutes in, bringing the HolyHead Harpies their first loss of the season at 70-230.

I'm still riding high when River, Adrian, and Davies surround me with faces full of alarm. When I jerk out of River's hold, all three of them raise their arms, palms indicating they mean no harm.

"Someone better start talking before I fucking lose it," I grind out, keeping my hands fisted as to not clock my teammates.

"Your flat caught fire man.. erm-" River says, and my vision goes red.

Hermione.

We have not felt her pain, nor her panic.

"What the fuck? It's enchanted against that shit! Is Potter here watching Ginny?" Adrian nods yes, "Get him, and someone tell coach. I'm leaving."

River runs off, while Davies keeps pace with me as fucking book it to the center of the pitch.

Yes, let us fly.

Fuck I don't want to get found out.

"Mate you're going the wrong way. Come o-"

I don't hear a damned thing he says after that.