Chapter 61: Tenderness

Start from the beginning

"How... How is this possible?!" She mumbled to herself as she went absent-minded. Freaking out, she quickly looked at Ethan opposite her.

"Ethan, this isn't true! They are defaming me..."

Ethan looked downwards silently.

He heard that Xavier had an odd habit. He disliked the media, and in recent years, he would not appear in the eye of the public at all except for banquets that he absolutely needed to attend. Also, he would reject any media's request to enter these banquets unless he explicitly gave them the permission to do so.

This time, there was no news about him and Arya at all. Even when it came to the conflict with Victoria, Arya's name was replaced with the phrase "a certain lady" instead. These tabloids must be working under his orders.

However, was Xavier really capable of all this?

Did he really order them to write up on Victoria? What was happening?

"Ethan, what should I do? The media really loves to exploit things like this. They'll magnify every single thing I do. I really didn't do it on purpose back then. You know that I'm really respectful towards my sister. But now, the media..." Victoria rambled frustratedly. She switched her phone on and was about to call her manager to find out what was happening.

The second she switched her phone on, message notifications came in one after another. Some were from Layla and Kristina while her manager had sent her several messages too. They must be about the newspaper.

Ethan gave it some thought before replying, "It's too late to stop it now since it's already on the news. We can only observe how things go for some time, or hold a press conference if there's a need to clarify it. Also, attend more charity events, which you've been doing, haven't you?"

His eyes seemed complicated as he looked at the extra-large close-up photo.

He did not want to imagine the possibility!

Victoria's face was getting paler. She hesitated for a moment before nodding. As she was about to call her manager, her phone rang. Glancing at the screen, she saw Kristina calling her!

She was startled for a while before picking up the call.

"Grandmother?"

"Victoria? What's with the matter on the news? Why is your phone switched off? Where are you right now?" Kristina's anxious and worried voice came through the moment the call was connected.

Victoria simply explained what happened, and then headed straight for Johns Media after lunch.

Inside Johns Media's CEO office, Kristina and Layla were already waiting.

Kristina's expression was stormy and the aura around her was unapproachable. Layla seemed really worried and anxious as she paced up and down the office.

She quickly went up to Victoria as soon as she came in.

"Victoria, what happened? Yesterday didn't you and Ethan...?"

Victoria put her bag onto the sofa and saw several newspapers Layla had put aside. Her beautiful face went ashen as she looked at them and picked one up. She flipped through it as sadness overflowed in her eyes.

"What's happening? And what about the ambassador? Aren't you already contracted and confirmed?" Kristina's face looked tensed and stared at Victoria when she saw her acting so oddly.

Victoria took a deep breath and looked at Kristina, hidden pain in her eyes. She toughened herself up and was silent for a moment before saying,

"It's fine, Grandmother, Mother. Don't ask me about this anymore. It's all my fault. Let's just ignore this scandal for now. Give it some time and people will soon forget about it." Her voice sounded disappointed as she sat down onto the sofa quietly.