"Hello, Kubra, main baat kar raha hoon, Sarim." The voice from the other side of the phone said. Kubra's eyes widened.

(It's me, Sarim.)

"What?" Hyra mouthed. But Kubra shook her head and left the kitchen.

"Hello? Kubra? Are you there?" Sarim Randhawa asked.

After entering her room, Kubra locked the door and answered. "Yeah, I..." She didn't know what to say. How she is supposed to ask why did he call her?

"You must be wondering why I called you." Sarim understands her hesitation, and said.

"Actually..." Scratching his forehead, Sarim started saying. "Mom proposal leke gayi thi bas uss barey mein baat..."

(I wanted to talk about them proposal...)

"Yaar, main seedhi baat karta hoon, I like you. Aur mom bas jaise tumse mili woh... dekho, main tumse koi answer expect nahi kar raha. You can take your time, bas, maine socha apni feelings clear kardu. Baki agey tumhari marzi." Sarim Randhawa was talking very softly, but firmly. He sounded genuine, and his words made Kubra's breath hitched.

(I will talk clearly, I like you. And when Mom met you she... see, I do not expect any answer from you yet. You can take your time, I just wanted to tell you my feelings. Rest I leave to you.)

"Kubra api!" A knock on the door startled Kubra, as she quickly disconnected the call and went to open the door.

"Cook ayi hain." Hyra informed her. "Kya hua apko?" She added when saw Kubra's face was pale,

(Cook is here.)

(What happened to you?)

"Ku.. kuch nahi." Kubra shook her head and went out with Hyra to see who the cook is.

(No... nothing.)

Kubra likes cooking, and that's why she always refuses Hayder when he ask her to hire a cook, but now, Hayder didn't even ask her and ordered Shahzaib to hire a cook.

•••

"Kubra api, kya soch rahi hain?" Hyra asked to Kubra, who seems lost.

(Kubra api, what are you thinking?)

"Hyra, ek baat batao." Putting her feet up on the sofa, Kubra sat in criss cross position and asked.

(Hyra, tell me one thing.)

"Ji?" Hyra sat with Kubra on the sofa.

(Yes?)

"Tum Hayder bhai ko nahi bataogi na?" Kubra asked to confirm.

(Promise you won't tell Hayder bhai.)

"Hum dono kuch share nahi karte, Kubra api." Sulking, Hyra reminds her. Kubra and Uswa are the only ones who know the complete truth about Hayder and Hyra's marriage.

(We don't share anything with each other, Kubea api.)

Kubra, who wanted to share with Hyra what Sarim told her, become speechless by Hyra's words.

We don't share anything with each other. Kubra's heart sank in realisation.

"Kya kehna tha, api?" Hyra again asked. But Kubra shook her head. Hyra's words made her heart sank. She could not say anything now.

(What do you want to say?)

Hyra huffed her cheeks, both brother and sister are same, they do not think someone else is worth to know what's going on in their mind.