Meeting Her

A/N: Nidster!

Thanks Nidster for the cover! So Sick! But Follow Them For The Best Covers! BACK TO THE BOOK! :p

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Damon's POV

I woke up, my bed only holding myself this time. Cass?

She left, of course she did.

Wait....she lives here..she couldn't have gone far. I got out of bed, throwing the covers off of me, groaning in annoyance. I was still dizzy from all of the bourbon I had last night, feeling a bit nauseous but it was easily ignored.

I was not a morning person, anyone could tell you that. I closed my eyes tight, getting deep into my morning stretch. I began towards the door as it swung open, Cassandra walking in holding two mugs of coffee.

Looking at Cass wasn't just me meeting her eyes or my eyes scanning down her body, it was a sensation of complete satisfaction. If it wasn't the fact that her hair spirled down her back like a waterfall that had me captured it was her perfect smile that made me stop and stare. I could still see the pain behind her perfect honey brown eyes though. I see the memories as well. She never wanted a life like this, that was evident.

She wanted the family, the kids, the white fence, the rainbow at the end of this. Now she is stuck, the only way out is being burned or stabbed in the heart. I knew I had the same fate, but my heart hurted more when I thought of her going through that. When I thought of my end all that came to mind was,

Black, that and fire.

She made me want a family, a future. Having her here made me want to do good.

Elena gave me that feeling...Gave being the main word.

Now it was Cass...again. When she left I felt like I was dying, literally. I didn't feel, I didn't speak. Not even Katherine could take that pain away, she just distracted me. Seducing me everynight, crawling in my bed at night just like Cass used to. My head hurt just thinking of the pain she gave me. All I could think about was what did I do wrong.

ME!

I knew it was my fault, I fixated it in my mind that it was. I told myself I got too close, I ran her off. My dad couldn't even give me a straight answer of why she left, so it had to have been me. I loved her, that was not even a question. I loved her touch even if it was her nails biting deep into my flesh, All I thought of was 'Not even a fucking note? I could't go with you on this new journey?'

No.

The answer I go was a plain and simple

No.

I knew it was a no because she was already gone...

She was full of life, her smiling immediately making me want to join her in the happiess she was feeling. Now all I think of is that she is here. With me. For the longest time I thought she dead, but I heard Bennett name again and...had hope?

Resentment, maybe? I never got close to Bannie because she remined me too much of Cassandra. Her eye color, dammit even her magic vodoo crap just made me cringe. I closed my eyes then openeing them back, seeing her perfect face.

Her eyes widned, in that cute innocent way. She stretched out her right arm, handing me a mug as I glady took it. I was drunk still so coffee seemed like the best medicine. I took a big gulp not even saying one word. God this was perfect, the hot liqud made everything more clear, made my body feel more peaceful. I took a glance at Cass who looked at me with humor in her eyes.

"Enjoying the show doll?" I teased, raising a brow. She smiled up at me, shaking her head while taking a sip of her own coffee.

"No I just mean I didn't know I made such good coffee, I should consider that job offer at starbucks." She smarted, I chuckled softly at her smart comment as she started towards my bed.

"I have you know that I make killer waffels that could smother your coffee and I was drunk. Very, very drunk.  This is a need- be." I explained holding my cup up  then resting it back down to my lips taking another large gulp. She giggled, making me smile myself. Just then downer Stefan walks in, in slight surprise seeing that im shirtless and Cass was in some skimpy outfit. She looked at Stefan's expression then down at herself and immediately blushed.

"Oh god! No I just brought him some coffee!" She yelped which caused me to burst out in laughter. Cass had always been shy around some. I forgot that about her. It was only me that she really was herself around. I could tell, the second Stefan walked in she immediately tensed.

He chuckled softly, and he was ready to go. He was already dressed wearing the normal Stefan attire; A balck V-Neck shirt that was covered by a black leather jacket. He wore a pair of dark jeans and a normal pair of sued shoes. He leaned by the door giving me the evil eye. I took another sip of my coffee before speaking.

"Problem, baby brother?" I asked sarcastically. He furrowed his brow at me but continued anyways.

"Katherine escaped her tomb and came to me at the grill, posing as Elena...I figured out  she wasn't and said she was looking for you. I was searching for her last night."

"Oh well she found me..." Cass commented, I would tell she was pissed looking down at her coffee mug.

"What are you talking about?" Stefan wondered as  I rose from my spot on my bed.

"She paid us a visit last night, she put her hands on Cass." I explained, resting my hands on her shoulder.

"What? Are you ok?"

"Yes yes I'm fine I just let the bitch get too close...won't happen again." She reasured us but I wasn't convinced. I knew her too well, she wasn't ok...at all.

"Well you two can go on a bitch hunt but I think Im gonna meet my oh-so-many-great-grand-daughter." She said simply, rising off my bed and was quickly out of site.

Cassandra's POV

I walked up to the door, pushing the door bell quickly, almost a little anxious. A young girl answered the door. She was cute...a little small but cute. She had medium blonde hair that stopped to about her shoulders. Her eyes were soft puppy dog brown and she immediatley wiped her smile away.

"Not so happy to see me, Caroline?" I asked with a smile, She cleared her throat, and sighed heavily.

"Cassandra..." She murmed as I brushed past her. I only knew her when I was hunting down Katherine in 2009 and ran across her. I showed the girl a good time and she was quickly taken away from me by Katherine again. She was a amazing friend, I didn't trust her though. I could tell she was loyal though but I know she would trust everyone before me, therfore making me treat her the same way.

"Nice seeing you remeber me." I said softly looking around.

"Where is Bonnie?" I asked looking back at stunned Caroline. She blinked once and I think she was going into some sort of shock.

"What do you want with me?" I heard a voice that made my heart stop.