- You'll be okay. – she says crying a little.

- Yeah. – I say, feeling my eyes beginning to water.

- Callie! – Ally screams rushing up to me. I pick her up to hug her. Josh and Jamie also participate in a de family hug.

- I'll win for you guys. –

- Do it for yourself, Caleb. We support you, no matter what. – my dad says, surprising me.

- Stay safe, Callie. – Ally says sweetly, making my heart melt.

- Of course. Hey, tell you something... – I say, taking off my collar. – Would you take care of this for me? I promise I'll come back for it. –

- Sure! – she exclaims, smiling brightly at me.

We join in for one last family hug before leaving for the battle. A small group of elites were waiting outside and escorted me to the arena. It felt weird being alienated by my pack. It's hard to be treated like this especially because I know these men; I fought alongside them all my life. It's not just them either. On our way to the arena, everyone was staring and rumoring things. Some don't believe the accusations against me, but others aren't so sure. I never thought finding my mate would be so reckoning.

The arena's full, the entire pack present. It's an overwhelming atmosphere, making me somewhat nervous. Making my way to the center, passing through hateful looks of disdain from my pack is hard. Finally, I see the council. Alaric, Convel, Gregory, and Lawrence; sitting up front, along with Nymeria and Luke. My family is located on their left side while Dyrus's mother and little brother are on the opposite side. Dyrus is waiting for me at the center with a murderous look in his eyes. Shit, this is really happening. I can feel my heart drop with every step I take; the commotion in my surrounding slowly vanishes and the only thing I can hear is my heartbeat banging my ears and my breaths getting heavier. That's until I reach the center and my mind hit the earth again, popping me out of my own thoughts. Alaric raised his hand in a fist, making the whole place quiet down almost immediately.

- We all know why we are here today. - his baritone voice fills the arena firmly. – We are a pack! We respect and protect each other, that's what we do, that's what we've always done! So, it pains me having these wolves, the best in this generation, here... under these circumstances. I'm truly aggravated and disappointed. – I look down slightly and close my eyes, his words hurting a little. – So much potential, such a bright future... wasted, all because they can't get along. The next Male Alpha and Beta in Command fighting each other... huh, just idiotic to think of. I'll be honest with everyone... I considered abolishing the challenge and solving matters another way. – he pauses a little, creating tension in the air. – But we are rogues, and just because we decided to settle doesn't mean we will forget our culture. It'll be hard to see one of these two young men leave the pack, but rules are rules, and if they can't get along, then tradition says one of them must leave. They will fight to earn the right to stay. So, I'll ask you now: Caleb Brosme, Dyrus Dagoand n, given your status, today's winner must be entirely sure they want to stay. After this fight, your loyalty must be for Lazarutoack ad only us. Do you understand? – he spoke firmly, almost angry.

- Yes. – we say in unison.

- Very well, then I hope this is the last and only challenge that is fought within this pack. – he paused, looking around with a stern face. – Then I declare that the challenge officially starts... Now! –

I turn around to face Dyrus. He's standing just a few meters away; he removes his shirt and starts stretching his arms while jogging a bit in place. Okay, Caleb, this is serious, better take it that way or you'll lose. I remove my shirt and toss it aside as I ready myself as well.