- I do. – someone calls. I turn to see Dyrus. – He cannot marry Nymeria. – he states.

- Dyrus, what are you doing? Shut up. – Convel scolds angrily. The young wolf didn't listen and left his position, walking in front of us.

- No! He's a fucking traitor! – he accuses me. – He's mated to a domestic. –

- Dyrus! – Convel yells.

- You don't know what you're talking about, boy. – Alaric says menacingly.

- But I do, he confessed last night. – Some people sigh in surprise. They start chitchatting lowly. - Is this how the Lazarus pack treats a traitor? By rewarding and making him Alpha. – he yells. - No! We kill them. –

- Dyrus, shut up and come here! – Convel orders angrily.

Dyrus is an idiot. What does he think he's doing? My blood starts to boil with anger, and I get upset with his recklessness. He has a death wish. Exposing me in front of the entire pack, Alaric will never let it slide. He has everything he wanted, he's Beta in Command. Why does he whom I marry?

- I challenge Caleb Brosme! – he says firmly.

- You can't, I refuse. – Nymeria denies it immediately.

- The challenge has been made; the Moon Goddess has heard it. It's tradition and you know it. – Dyrus claims.

- Dad? – she turns to Alaric.

The Alpha's stern face is now filled with anger and rage at the young wolf. He's shaking his head disapprovingly. Making a challenge in front of the entire pack, what a nerve.

- He's right. – he simply says.

- What? You're the Alpha, you can refuse to if you want. – she says seriously.

- This is bigger than me, Nymeria. He has the right to challenge. – Alaric poipointst.

- Bullshit, you can stop it. – she says a little more desperate.

- Nymeria! – he scolds. Her hand turns into a fist, but she doesn't discuss it further. – Are you sure about this? – he asks Dyrus. He nods. Alaric then turns to me. – Caleb... -

Nymeria looks at me worriedly. Her eyes tell me to refuse and walk away. I could say no, but what kind of Alpha would I be if I did? No one would respect me. Besides, Dyrus will never follow me. I sigh deeply.

- I accept the challenge. – I answer firmly.

The arena is filled with commotion, everyone is rumoring and speaking surprised. Some talk about me being mated to a domestic, while others discuss the challenge. Either way, they are not happy. Fuck!

- The challenge will take place here at nightfall. You have until then to set your matters straight because afterward, one of you will leave the pack. – Alaric announces. I nod slightly. You're an idiot Dyrus, you dug your own grave. – That is it for now, back to your duties. – Alaric orders.

The pack dismisses, some walk away, while others stay to watch a little more. Dyrus turns around and leaves angrily, Convel soon behind him.

- You can do it. You defeated him before. – Nymeria says quickly, worried. I nod.

- Yes. – I say reassuringly.

- Cal! – I hear Maya yell from behind. She runs up to us and hugs me. I hug back warmly. – Why did you... - she is interrupted, and we separate.

- Mrs. Hemming, you should be leaving for River Valley along with Luke. We do not want raise suspicions. – Lawrence says. He's right. If they don't go to school, Alpha Nathan will suspect.