- This means that Dyrus Dagon will officially be the future Beta in Command. He placed second in the Werewolf Tournament, he's more than capable of such a great responsibility. – the Alpha says seriously.

Dyrus is next to his father. He takes a step forward, standing proudly, with his head high and a stern look. Once more, everyone cheers and supports him. Not as much as before, but the pack does show their support. However, they do seem confused about this decision.

- Caleb Brosme can no longer be the Beta in Command. – he states firmly and pauses.

People start talking and exchanging looks with each other's, gesturing in my direction. I can hear some of them, they don't understand why Alaric revoke my title. They don't seem to agree. I look for my father in the crowd. It's difficult to spot them with so many wolves around and so close to each other. I see Lena and Riley on the left side, they smile at me, and Riley gestures to the right. I look in that direction and spot Jamie. She's standing there in the same clothes as last night, next to Ally and Josh. Mary is there as well and so is my father. He has a disapproving face, shaking his head a bit upset.

Alaric took the time to listen to the comments in the pack. He nods, content with what he heard. The pack thinks it's a mistake to revoke my title. He turns to Nymeria and smiles, whispering something to her. I couldn't understand anything.

- Calm down, everyone! – he says in his Alpha tone, to stop the chatting. – For Nymeria to take charge and become Alpha, she must marry first. It's tradition. – he pauses lightly. – She has chosen Caleb, and, after careful evaluation, I decided that he is to become your future Male Alpha. – he announces loudly.

Convel looks confused and angry. He glares in my direction quickly before staring at Alaric. The Alpha doesn't even notices. The whole place quiets down, and no one speaks, they simply stare at Nymeria and me. The silence grows and I look down. Maybe they didn't like the idea, maybe they don't like me as much as I tho.... My thoughts are interrupted as the whole place erupts in cheers. It's so loud, that my ears hurt a little. I try controlling myself, but a small chuckle escapes my lips despite my efforts. Alaric gestures for me to walk up next to Nymeria. So, I do. I make my way next to Nymeria who is smiling back at me happily.

- Guess they like the idea. – she says smugly. I chuckle.

- Yeah. –

- Nervous? – she asks.

- A little. – I admit.

- Welcome to my life. – she jokes and I smile.

I look all around; everyone is cheering excitedly at the news. It's very touching to see how much they love us. They are hugging, laughing, smiling, and screaming happily. Everyone except Lena and Riley. They have confused loolookstheir faces, worried even, and my smile fades. I look in my family's direction. Josh and Ally are jumping thrillingly, but Jamie and Mary aren't as happy. They look surprised. My dad, on the other hand, is smiling happily at me, clapping.

That's when a chilling feeling flows through my back. Nathan... I swallow deeply as a pang of guilt covers my body. I shake the thought off my head, now's not the time. I smile and act happy, despite feeling awful and disgusting on the inside.

- Okay, okay, I'm glad you agree. – Alaric says, calming the crowd. – As you know, both Caleb and Nymeria have defeated Elites and completed their training. Which means they are ready to take charge. The ceremony will take place in a couple of weeks, I would like to solve some matters before stepping down. But I couldn't be prouder of them, I'm sure they'll lead this pack with honor and strength. What do you think? – he asks thrillingly. They cheer again happy. – Very well. It's tradition to ask if someone is against it, so I'll do it now. If anyone has something to say, now's the time. – he speaks firmly.