Chapter 60: Going To Work Together

Start from the beginning

She suddenly remembered his phone call the night before. It must be about this.

She did not say anything about it, but she lost interest in reading after she saw the news. Instead, she started looking at the scenery outside the car window.

"Right, I forgot to tell you one thing." After some time, she suddenly remembered that Mia and Aaron's wedding was on the fifteenth. Today was the eighth, so it was not very far away from now.

He slowed the car down as the traffic light in front turned red before replying briefly,

"Mmm."

"Mia and Aaron's wedding is on the fifteenth. I asked them about the venue yesterday and it seems that they haven't decided on it yet. Imperial Sky Hotel is just in the city and it's convenient, so can we let them organize their wedding in Imperial Sky Hotel?" She asked him.

"You can decide on small matters like this. Just show them the card I gave you and they'll understand."

He took a pause after replying, and then continued,

"These two friends of yours are really great people. You're really lucky to have friends like them. Get out more in the future and get to know more people, then you'll start to improve on your pitiful EQ. Don't always just let your life revolve around work. Shouldn't you women always hang out at places like beauty shops or spas? Why do I have no recollection of you ever mentioning these places?"

He continued driving.

Arya was stunned when she heard him.

Women would be really sensitive towards terms like "beauty" and "spa", but her first reaction was a frown on her face. She then touched her attractive face and looked at her hands.

"Do I look old lately? Am I looking that bad? Is my skin getting worse?"

As expected, it was a typical reaction from a woman. Even Oliva would behave similarly whenever Michael mentioned something like that. She would immediately take some time off to visit a spa.

And now his woman was the same too!

He glanced at her and noticed she was frowning like she was thinking hard about something. After a while, she turned to him.

"I'm going to a spa this weekend. Why don't you come with me too? The masseuse there are pretty good and I know some of them well. We didn't really get to rest during the holidays anyway. It's not a bad idea to relax for a bit."

"Masseuse? Man or woman?" He suddenly demanded.

Arya was a little taken aback and looked at him doubtfully. She then replied,

"There are a few pretty good-looking guys..."

"I'll bring you somewhere else. You can go there in the future." His tone sounded firm and determined.

Arya gave it some thought and after hearing the firm tone in his voice, she mumbled,

"But I just upgraded to super VIP. It's pretty expensive..."

He could not be bothered to give her a reply. Instead, he just stared at her, the pressure scaring her. She took a deep breath and then took out her phone.

"I'll give it to Mia then, and I'll tell her about the hotel too."

Swiftly, she dialled Mia's number.

The call was on hold for some time and no one picked up. Just when she thought that she was probably still asleep, the call connected before she was about to hang up.

"Hello? Ar... Arya, what's up? This is super early... in the morning..." Mia was panting as if she was exhausted by something.

Arya frowned, noticing that this was not normal.