|| Second Task Preparations

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇

     Y/N trudged through the Ilvermony Coach hallway. She became increasingly aware of the angry paintings giving her the stink eye with every step. They all grumbled something to themselves when she passed them and cursed the ground she walked on.

     "Hey, Ferb Kettle Wafer Jr.," Y/N breezed past the bristle-bearded man without waiting for a proper response.

     "IT'S FREDERICK KENNETH WALTER JR.!"

     Y/N waved him off and continued her walk. Door fifteen. She went to the door and knocked. Five footsteps, and a second later, the hinges opened. The doors revealed Evangeline, who stood in front of her in quite a fashion.

     "How'd you get dolled up that fast?" Y/N's eyes roamed over Evangeline's outfit like predators skim over their prey.

     Evangeline, who had her hair and make-up done, shrugged. "My roommates helped. I wanted to look nice for you. What d'you think?" she said, twirling around to give Y/N a full view.

     "Huh," Y/N motioned her to join, and Evangeline was more than happy to link arms with her. "You look — nice."

     Evangeline looped her arm through Y/N's and got cozy in seconds as they walked down the hallway. She glanced at Y/N, expecting her to withdraw, but she didn't. A smirk rose to her lips, and she chuckled to herself. Y/N noticed and raised an eyebrow at her.

     "What's with that smirk?"

     "Nothing," Evangeline said with a coy grin.

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇

      "You know, when you take a girl out on a date — warn her!" Evangeline took a sip of her butterbeer and crossed her legs under the table. "I was in sweatpants when you sent the message."

     "I did, I warned you," Y/N said.

     "You gave me 30 minutes to prepare." Evangeline rolled her eyes with a smile.

     "I don't go on dates," Y/N swept her butterbeer from the table and held it in the air.

     "So, this is a date?" Evangeline perked her eyebrow up.

     "I said that," Y/N followed in unison as Evangeline drank once more. "Didn't I?"

     Evangeline's green eyes raked down Y/N's very soul out of morbid curiosity. "What made you change your mind?"

     "What do you mean?" Y/N played dumb.

     "Don't pretend," Evangeline let out a chuckle. "Cause one second, you hate me. The next, you're taking me out on a date — one where you barely speak. I don't blame you, my beauty is breathtaking."

      "Don't be smug," Y/N chuckled at Evangeline's wit — much to her dismay.

     Y/N took a moment to truly observe Evangeline. Did Hermione break her heart that badly, drop her down so low to the point she'd be in the trenches, desperate and mourning for someone to love her? Even if that someone was Evangeline.