We went inside her apartment even though she clearly said that I am not allowed to visit her at night. I wanted to be happy right now that she allowed me to do so but I can't find an ounce of joy in that one.

I sat on her sofa and placed our food on her center table. The tv is on but it is on low volume. I made myself comfortable as she sat right beside me.

"Sorry. I disturbed your reading."

She shook her head. "It's fine...I am craving for something too because it is my time of the month." She shyly responded.

I quickly understood what she was trying to say. I nodded absentmindedly. I needed that information. Red days hurt like hell and she craves food. I could supply her cravings and if ever she has an emergency.

"I've got pizzas and fries. Is this enough?" I carefully asked and opened them one by one.

"Yes...I want some pizzas. The cheesy one." She enthusiastically responded.

We both washed our hands before eating. We ate silently and I just watched her eat her food like she had never eaten before. Slowly, my doubts died down but my eyes still won't stop looking at her wrist from time to time.

Tumikhim ako. "Are you sure you wanted to attend my Mom's birthday? We can decline it anytime, you know?" I chuckled a little bit to ease my nervousness.

She looked at me weirdly.

Huminga ulit ako ng malalim. Realizing it now, I might have sounded too insensitive about forcing her to attend Mom's birthday. She might be uncomfortable and knowing her situation now too.

But she gave me her little smile. "I would like to meet your Mom. I am nervous but I'll manage. And she's been requesting to formally meet me. I'm fine, Gaston."

Hindi ko alam kung makakahinga ako ng maluwag sa sinabi niya. Am I overthinking things or what? How do I handle this?

But slowly, I nodded my head.

"Your gown will arrive here tomorrow. And do you want to have a stylist?"

She swallowed her food before answering. "I can do it myself." She confidently answered.

Napatawa ako ng kaunti sa sinabi niya. "Then, I'll just fetch you by six, okay?" I asked again.

She nodded again while eating. "And ohhh...I have already learned your Mom's favourite song. Do you wanna bear it?"

Before I could even answer her, she stood up and walked to her room. I sat properly as I waited for her. Then, she went out with an electric keyboard, she also got her own chair.

I smiled widely at her as she looked at me before starting. I attentively watched her as she composed herself.

She closed her eyes then slowly played the keyboard. She breathed in deeply, and she started playing my Mom's favourite carpenter's song from the 1970's. She will just turn 45 but she loves much older songs. She got it from her parents.

This is my first time watching her play and I thought she's gonna only play the keyboard but she started singing too. My mouth hung open and I almost stood up from my seat upon hearing her soft and lovely voice.

Woah! I never knew she sings! Like what the hell? Why am I only discovering things like this now?

My expression remained the same looking through her all throughout. God! She has an amazing voice...I'm not being biassed here just because I love her. She could win a competition with her singing skills.

She finished and I stood up quickly. I clapped my hands hard but she quickly stopped me.

"Gaston, stop...It is already past midnight. We might disturbed our neighbour. She shushed and I stopped.