The Other Side of a Bond.

Naruto has been in the Anbu for about five months now. It took him only a few days to learn all the basics, and his team immediately went on many high-ranking missions. One thing Naruto didn't expect from being an Anbu though was the bond a team shares. When you are constantly in life and death situations with one team you become like family. Kakashi and Naruto's relationship had become much more brotherly over the past few months, and the rest of the team took to Naruto quickly. To them he was like Itachi, but he had better comebacks when they picked on him. Itachi used to always ignore them, but Naruto would always fire back an insult.

Naruto and Yugao had been hanging out whenever they could. They've become even closer over the months. Hana also showed up to some of their hang outs, but usually she was busy working at the hospital.

Itachi and Shisui had barely shown up to the training ground in the past few months. Naruto knew that they were hiding something from him. They told him it had to do with the Uchiha clan, but it was definitely worse than what they told him. Naruto saw how much this affected them. They both looked like they hadn't slept well in ages. Itachi's stress lines have doubled in size, and Shisui wasn't as carefree as he usually is. They both seemed on edge when Naruto saw them.

Naruto and Kakashi were currently on their way to the Hokage's office. They were training when they got the message. The confusing part was that the rest of Team Ro was not requested. It was rare to have only a few members of a team go on a mission. Usually, it meant an influx of high-ranking missions, but if that were the case Team Ro would have been split up in the Hokage's office not called in separately.

Kitsune and Dog body flickered into the Hokage's office. When they appeared in the room, they saw Crow and Weasel standing there. Kitsune looked at them in confusion, but he quickly brushed it off.

"Now that your all here I have a mission for the four of you." Hiruzen started. Crow was about to ask a question when the Hokage cut him off. "I know having three Captains on one mission seems over kill, but this mission is important. We acquired intel that The Hidden Frost is negotiating with the Cloud. These two lands having an alliance would be a major problem. The Land of Lightning would gain access to our borders, and with their growing military they might attack. I want you four to spy on the negotiations and sabotage them in any way possible. Do not return until the Hidden Cloud is no longer in the Frost." Hiruzen ordered.

The four Anbu nodded and disappeared in body flickers. They reappeared on the roof of the building. "Looks like you're moving up in the world little brother." Crow says with an unseen smile as he ruffles Naruto's hair.

Naruto rolls his eyes and swats his hand away. "I'm basically Kakashi's apprentice so I go on almost all his missions."

"You're not my apprentice. The Hokage just wants you to gain experience, and it just so happens that I go on the best missions." Kakashi says boastingly.

"That's because you volunteer for the suicide missions." Weasel adds. In Anbu suicide missions were certain high S-ranks. Most of these missions asked for a team of volunteers. They were called suicide missions because odds are the mission would not be completed successfully.

"Get of his back Itachi. He's working on his depression." Naruto comments backhandedly.

Kakashi sweat drops. "Now, now Naruto I trained you to respect your superiors." Kakashi said.

Shisui and Naruto stare at Kakashi blankly. "Is he being serious?" Shisui asks Naruto.

"Absolutely not. Most of the time he's just trying to make me more like him." Naruto says.