A Jinchuriki's State of Mind.

Naruto walked through the streets of Konoha. He just left the Hokage's office. He was staring at the two envelopes and the scroll in his hands. Three small items. That was all his parents left him. What were their finale words to him? What if they expected him to be completely different? Would they have been proud of who he was? Or would they be disappointed that he lost control? Naruto opens his apartment door. He walks in a daze and sits on his couch.

He sits there for the next few minutes. He stares at the first envelope blankly. Then he closes his eyes and takes a deep breath. After he exhales, he quickly rips the envelopes seal and grabs the letter from the pouch. He unfolds the letter and starts reading.

Dear Naruto,

If you're reading this letter, then I'm dead. I don't know how, but it probably had to do with the Nine Tails. If you are reading this letter, then I'm glad I wrote it. Being paranoid is helpful in these situations. Your Mother never understood that. She was always optimistic, so she never thought of the bad endings. I had to force her to write her letter. I never wanted you to grow up without parents, but in the end, I guess that I didn't have much of a choice. I hope that Lord Third has taken care of you if he is still alive. If he did then he has my eternal gratitude. Now for your inheritance. I leave you all my notes on my techniques and every seal I have ever studied or created. You will find the notes on the Flying Thunder God in a separate scroll. That is because I don't want you to even try to learn that technique until you are at least 14. Also, the Rasengan is an unfinished jutsu, and I want you to complete it. When you initially learn the jutsu I want Jiraiya or Kakashi to teach you. The risks of you trying to teach yourself are too high. About Jiraiya he might be a little odd, but he is a good teacher. Just don't pick up any of his bad habits. Lastly, if I had to seal the Nine Tails into you then I am truly sorry, but the village must come first, and who else could I trust to contain the Nine Tails than my own son. If the current Hokage gave you this letter, then they have determined that you are ready. This deserves a lot of praise, and I hope you know I will always be proud that you are my legacy. I love you Naruto and I always will.

Love,

The Fourth Hokage, Your Father, Minato Namikaze.

Naruto could only smile at his father's letter. He did believe in him. No, not just believed he trusted him.

The thought going through Naruto's head was, My Father is a genius. He predicted that the issue was the Nine Tails, and that he would have to seal it into him. His father knew the outcome of the tragedy before it even started, and he didn't even blink when it happened. He had full confidence in himself, and in Naruto.

Naruto set the note on the small table next to where he sat. He then looked at the second envelope he left on the couch. He grabbed it and broke the seal. This time he slowly grabbed the letter. He unfolded it much slower than last time and started reading.

Dear Naruto,

If you are reading this letter then your father was right, and both of us are probably dead. There are just a few things I want to say to you, but I was never that good at putting my words onto paper like your father. I was the talker; he was the writer. I want you to eat good food, don't be picky, eat lots and grow strong. Make sure you bathe lots and stay healthy, that means no staying out late. Make sure you make good friends; you don't need a lot, just a few good ones. I wasn't very good at the studying part of being a ninja, but I want you to at least keep up with your studies. Remember everyone has strengths and weaknesses so don't get sad if you can't do something. Oh, and about the three prohibitions of the shinobi I don't want you to spend money carelessly so put mission wages into savings, and only spend money on worthwhile things. I don't want you to become an alcoholic, but I will let you drink a few times when your past the age of 16, but be careful and only drink with people you trust. Lastly, Women be wary of Jiraiya sensei, and don't be a pervert like him. Admiring is ok but peeking is not. I want you to find a woman like me someone who will keep you in check, but if you don't that's ok, I'm still proud of you. Be true to yourself Naruto and have confidence, but not arrogance. I love you and always will.