Friendships that Last a Lifetime.

Two weeks later Naruto entered the academy. He wore a white tracksuit with blue pants. Hiruzen gave him the clothes a few days ago. He said that they suited his personality, but the way he said it made Naruto think he had an ulterior motive. He walked into the classroom with no nervousness on his face. On the inside he was kind of terrified, but he learned to hide it so the villagers never saw his weakness. Everyone in his class was a year older than him so they sent him looks of interest or confusion. He sat in the back corner next to the window away from everyone else.

He remembered what the old man told him about making bonds, but when he looked over the class, he didn't see anyone that could potentially be his friend. Maybe acquaintances but nothing more.

Then his teacher, a man named Iruka, went to the front of the class and introduced himself. He then took role. Naruto looked at the man trying to find any deceit or malice, but he couldn't find any.

Iruka finally reached the name Naruto Uzumaki, and Naruto said here. Now Iruka held no ill will towards Naruto. He kind of admired him for the way he handles himself. That is why the Hokage decided to have him teach Naruto's class. Even though it was his first-year teaching.

Naruto started listening to Iruka, who was going over the basics of the class like what to expect and what they will learn. Naruto deemed the information unimportant, so he spaced out until lunch time. During lunch Iruka approached Naruto who was sitting in the classroom by himself eating a home cooked lunch.

"Naruto." The young man looks up with suspicion. "I want you to know I don't hate you. I will not treat you any different from any of the other students." Iruka says with a small smile.

Naruto's eyes light up in happiness. "Thank you Iruka Sensei."

--------------------Line Break--------------------

One month later we find Naruto in his training ground skipping the academy. He was working on his kunai throwing.

"It is not a good decision to skip the academy. It is one of your responsibilities." Naruto turned to the unfamiliar voice with a suspicious look. He sees a kid about two years older than him. The kid is wearing a plain blue shirt and grey shorts. He had bandages from his wrist to his elbow. On his forehead was a Standard Leaf village headband. "Relax I am not going to hurt you I just wanted to finally meet you." Naruto's face quickly turned to confusion after hearing that.

"Who are you?" Naruto said with suspicion laced through every word.

"I've been watching you train for a while now. I'm impressed by your skill. You see our mothers were remarkably close friends, so I wanted to meet you."

"You knew my mother? Who was she? Who are you? Naruto questioned him again with less suspicion.

"My name is Itachi Uchiha. Yes, I did know your mom, but I can't tell you who she was just yet. And you Naruto Uzumaki have piqued my interest."

"And why is that?" Naruto asked.

"Well, you see you work very hard at such a young age I want to know why." Itachi asked with a small smirk.

"I need to get stronger. It is the only way I will be able to protect those I care for like the Hokage." Naruto said with Pride.

"That is a very noble goal to have Naruto I'm glad to hear it. So who are these precious people you want to protect besides the Hokage?"