Expectations.

Shikaku casually walked to his team after the month-long training period was announced. He needed to figure out what his students were doing for their training. He couldn't train all three of them at the same time. The Genin would want to work on new techniques so they could surprise their teammates.

"What are your plans for the month?" Shikaku asks his Genin once he reaches them.

"I can get Kakashi Sensei to train me for the month." Naruto said in an indifferent tone.

"I'm going to train with my mom for the month." Hana stated.

"I was going to train kenjutsu with Hawk Sensei." Yugao said.

"So, I don't have to train any of you troublesome kids. That means I will have more time to watch the clouds with my son." Shikaku said with relief. The three kids sweat dropped. The only thing that their Sensei got excited about was doing nothing. "Well, let's head back to the Leaf for your training."

It took them three days to reach the village hidden in the Leaves. When they got there Shikaku told them to train hard and meet him back here four days before the exam began.

The three Chunin hopefuls went their separate ways to find their respective Sensei's. Naruto left to go to training ground 7. He didn't know why but Kakashi always liked training there. Kakashi told him that this month he was going to master lightning manipulation and learn a new jutsu. The new jutsu he was going to learn was the lightning dragon jutsu. Naruto always liked the idea of the elemental dragons. They had many uses in battle. He actually made a secondary goal to learn each elemental dragon jutsu at some point in his life.

Yugao went to meet Hawk Sensei at Team 12's assigned training ground. Hawk never really had a designated spot to meet like Naruto's Sensei, so they just met at Team 12's training ground. Yugao always found it weird that Hawk didn't have a favorite training ground. Yugao's favorite was training ground 12, same with Hana. Shikaku's was training ground 10. Which is the training ground he used as a Genin. The three of them all liked the training grounds they were assigned to as Genin. Naruto was different though he met his brothers at training ground 22. The training ground right outside the Uchiha compound. Itachi, Shisui, and Naruto shared Training ground 22 as their favorite.

Yugao was planning to train mostly Kenjutsu during the month-long break. She realized that Naruto almost caught up with her in Kenjutsu. He may not be better than her yet, but at this rate he will be soon. She had been slacking off in her Kenjutsu training, and with Naruto's training program it was only a matter of time before he caught up with her. So, she decided to pick up her training in Kenjutsu, so she can become an expert.

Hana went straight to her clan compound. Her mother Tsume, the Inuzuka Clan head, promised she would increase Hana's training in the Clan techniques of her skill level. Hana was already skilled in her clan's techniques, as skilled as a clan heir should be at least, but she couldn't help but feel inferior to her two teammates though. She knew that Naruto would be strong in the future. I mean he could beat most Genin right now and he was still only 9 years old. Then there was Yugao. She was always better than Hana at being a ninja, then again Yugao wanted to be in Anbu. Hana wanted to be a medical in the hospital saving people she doesn't have the personality to constantly kill people for the village like Naruto. Even Naruto, someone who lives by the shinobi code, and doesn't show many emotions has nightmares every night. He tries to hide them, but the rest of Team 12 has heard and seen him experience them. If Naruto struggled with this life, then she didn't stand a chance, but She still wanted to help. She would just not always be in the field.

--------------------Break--------------------

One month later we find Team 12 standing in an arena. The other five Genin were standing around them, but they weren't important. This was a competition between Team 12. The rest would fall like Dominos, and Team 12 knew it.