"Hey, I'm ready." I said. He looked up from his phone and smiled.

"Sweet, let's go." He grabbed his keys and walked to the door.

-------

I was glad we chose a restaurant that wasn't crowded because I didn't want to deal with any fans tonight. After ordering our food I looked over at him. We were sitting in a booth in a secluded area which meant he wasn't sitting across from me.

"Austin?" I said. He looked over at me.

"Yeah?"

"Do you remember our first date?"

"Of course I do." He chuckled. "Why?"

"Do you remember what we did?"

"Yeah, we had a picnic at my secret hideout." He smiled. "Why?"

"Well do you remember when you told me that you went there to think. And after I asked you what you thought about you told me to ask you in four years?"

"Oh my god you remember that?" he asked looking shocked.

"Well I just remembered like an hour ago. Probably because this is our first date in about 4 years. It's the first time I've thought about it since then." I said.

"That's crazy. What about it?"

"Well, its been four years."

"And?"

"And you said you'd tell me in four years."

"Oh yeah I did say that didn't I." he looked away from me and looked straight ahead.

"So um... what did you go there to think about?"

"Oh um I thought about ourfuturetogether." He mumbled at the end.

"Sorry, I didn't quite catch the end of that sentence."

"I said I thought about our future together."

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah." He nodded. I could see him start to blush.

"Well what did you see in our future?"

"Oh ya know." He shrugged.

"No I don't. that's why I asked. Tell me."

"I thought about us getting married."

"Really? You thought about that?" I asked. He nodded. "But we were 13."

"I know but I always pictured you standing next to me on my wedding day."

"Austin. That's so sweet."

"I guess." He shrugged again.

"Do you still think about that?"

"Not anymore. I mean after I left I thought about us getting back together in the future and getting married but after a about a year I just gave up."

"Oh, I guess that makes sense."

"Yeah." He nodded. I looked down at my lap and played with my hands, unsure of what to say.

"What's wrong?" he asked after a few minutes of silence. I looked back up at him.

"Nothing."

"Alexis, I've known you for over 11 years. I know when something is bugging you and when you're sad."

"Really, its nothing." I shook my head. He sighed and looked at the table.

"It's just that, I thought about that too. The future. Except I never stopped. Even when I was with Alex." I stopped and saw him tense up. "I always had this vision in the back of my mind that you'd come back for me or I'd go after you. And then we would pick up where we left off. And that once we were old enough, we'd get married." I said.