Chapter 14 - That's One Way to Relieve Stress...

-Few days later-

-Kaveh's POV-

I scratched my head furiously, as I desperately itched for a burst of another idea- but it seemed as if I was going through an art block. I was calling a sad excuse of some lines scribbled onto a paper a "building". 

I'd taken on another project, and my client gave me a very vague description of what they wanted their building to look like, and they told me that I knew better than them since I was the Light of Kshahrewar after all. I didn't like when people used that title to portray me as some sort of all-knowing-fellow. I cared a lot about my clients' satisfaction, and in the past, I've had problems with clients who didn't give me a good scope of their expectations and once I gave them what I thought would satisfy them, they got mad. 

All of my misery was being fueled by the fact that it was rather late at night, and I was working on an empty stomach. It wasn't even like I could just get up and grab a snack, because I was at the house of Daena. 

I figured that I'd have to find some books that I'd annotated earlier for reference, because my brain was as good as that of a mindless fungus's at the moment. As I pushed my chair back using my feet, I got up and sighed, wondering how Haitham was probably already at home by now, relaxing or sleeping...Since he'd resigned as the Grand Sage, his work hours had gone back to normal and he'd go home earlier than me. 

I found it funny that just a few days ago, I couldn't work because I was too busy being tormented by the things he told me, but now, thinking about him sort of...comforted me, dare I admit. 

It felt great to know that I had a friend like him. And somebody to go home to. 

I caught myself getting distracted by thinking about him like I'd do so often, so I shook my head and went to where all the books relating to my work was. After searching, moving, taking out, rearranging and finally putting back the rest of the books, I found the books that I was looking for. I piled the books up and carried them back to where I was sitting and when I looked up, I saw...

Alhaitham, walking by the table I was sitting at. It was as if he'd read my mind and had shown up. 

Our eyes met before he looked at the pile of books I was carrying as I plopped them down on the table and a sigh of relief of slipped out of my mouth. 

"What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be home by now?" I took a few deep breaths as I rested my hand on my waist. 

"I had some work here, but I'm done now, so I'm going home." 

"Wait, can you um...help me with this? Just tell me if it looks okay..." I led my hands to the blueprint, but before I could pick it up, I caught a glance of a dissatisfied look from him. 

"Kaveh, it's late at night. Staying up so late and stressing over your work isn't going to get you anywhere. I suggest you a good night of sleep and then continue tomorrow morning."  He advised.

"I get where you're coming from but- Why don't you help me destress by giving me a hand with this? I've made a start and just need some opinions on what the design looks like so far. It won't take too long, I promise." 

-Narrator's POV-

Hearing this, Alhaitham agreed, and pulled out a chair and sat down, followed by the architect. It wasn't that he wasn't willing to help Kaveh, he was just worried that Kaveh would become ill one day by overworking himself to the bone like this.

Nonetheless, Kaveh slid the blueprint over towards him, causing Alhaitham to raise an eyebrow with confusion, as if he didn't even know what he was looking at.