Chapter 7 - Linked up

(I want to thank you all for reading so far into the story and leaving comments for me to read. They always put a smile on my face. In return, I wrote a longer chapter and I hope you'll enjoy it :) )

(P.S: Wattpad glitched again and didn't save the chapter so I had to publish it twice. (._.'))

-Kaveh's POV- 

After making sure every aspect of my outfit looked perfect in the mirror, I left my room to find Haitham waiting in the living room, reading a book as usual while waiting for me to finish getting ready. Once I walked in, he shut the book and got up, putting it down on the table in front of him. 

"Ready to go?" I asked him, but he shook his head and walked to me. 

"You're forgetting something." He uttered before walking past me and into my room. I went through my mental to-do list, ticking off everything I'd done, but nothing that I still had yet to complete sparked up.

Once he returned, I looked down at something he had in his hand. It was the feather I'd put in my hair. 

"Oh, thanks." I held out my hand to take it from him but instead, he walked to me and gently nestled it behind my ear and between the locks of my hair. I don't know why but I felt my ears warming up, and I hoped he hadn't felt it when he had his hand there. 

"Let's not waste any more time, we should get going." I quickly turned away from him and walked to the door after fitting my shoes on. 

══════════════════

Before we were even in the Grand Bazaar, I could hear the beats of the drums ringing through the air, and once we finally walked in, my vision was lit up by a single file of lanterns on the floor leading up to the stage at the theatre. Bouquets of flowers hung off the stalls of the bazaar, and in place of the goods that would be sold at the stalls were loads of food for the guests to enjoy. Speaking of which, it seemed like we were late, since the place was already filled and crawling with dozens of people, chatting, drinking, dancing. Children running around, chasing each other, throwing stuff at each other.

However, Nilou was nowhere in sight. Perhaps she was still preparing for her performance. 

I glanced at Haitham, who had a blank expression on his face like always. I was surprised such a beautifully decorated venue hadn't provoked even a single reaction from him, but he walked with me regardless. I looked around to see if I could spot Tighnari or Cyno anywhere but because of how crowded it was, I could barely find anybody I could recognise. 

So instead, I looked towards the stage where a band was playing the drums and sitars- but they suddenly stopped, leaving nothing in the background but the murmuring of the crowd. After that, the jingling of clothing ornaments followed and everybody directed their attention to the stage as Nilou and some of her backup dancers entered the stage. 

People shuffled from the stalls towards the stage and I also walked closer to it, but right then, I felt an arm curl around my waist with a firm grip before I was pulled to one side and against a person's body. When I turned my head to look, I realised that it was Alhaitham who'd pulled me closer. Our eyes locked onto each other's and we stared for several silent seconds before I put my hand on the arm he had around my waist. 

"What are you doing...?" I whispered, feeling the burning sensation of my face flushing in embarrassment. I hoped nobody had seen him doing that to me.