Selfcare

With that thought, I made my way to Loraine's room. My room. In my castle.

How shameless could she be? Laying comfortably in the bed of a room she didn't own. She threw away her dignity and opened up herself to new ideas and dreams which landed her pregnant with the baby of the man Grace was supposed to marry.

Yet still, she hasn't shown any remorse for her actions. Not once has she told me she was regretful for her actions. Not once did she thank me for allowing her disgraceful self to stay in the castle.

How remarkably shallow.

My body felt as if it was overflowing with rage. Before I knew it, I had ran up two flights of stairs and was now in front of the bedroom doors.

I swung them open without hesitation. The room was dark and filthy. It represented her mind and soul. Rotten food was scattered across the once beautiful white porcelain tiles. Now they looked brown and repulsive.

I lifted my head to see if the ceiling was somehow any worse. That's when she waltzed out the bathroom.

Wearing a robe made of the finest silk from Guston. A gift from my ex fiancee.
She knew what it was. She was wearing it so proudly as well. As if to upset me.

I knew that was what she was trying to do. But she didn't know that I had gotten over that sad excuse of a royal. She still believed Grace loved him.

"Goodnight thee dear sister. How hast thou been lately? I haven't seen thou in a while." She said, trying to sound as if she was actually interested in my well being.

"Goodnight. I am good. Thanks for asking." I said.

"I wonder what could possess the Royal Princess to bless me with her presence." Sarcasm flowed through her words.

"I befell to bid when the prince and his fiancee would leave mind land."

"Oh my, thou are as blunt as ever. Ever since we were children thou were alway-"

"I didn't join to compose bawbling talk." I said cutting her off.
"I came for an answer."

"Oh yes of course, princess. Prince Theodore and I hast decided to leave thy beloved castle once I hast granted the birth to our child. His heir." She said, so happily she sounded like a mouse.

"Well I suppose that is just beyond the horizon. Good." I said, whilst turning around, ready to leave.

"I just feel thy jealousy from hither, sister."

I stopped. What did I just hear? I must be mistaken.

"Your jealous brow could be seen by a seel man and thy enchafed breathing could be known by a deaf man. That's how obvious it is, dear princess." She said, trying to hold back her laughter.

"I knew that thou were dense, yet not this dense." I said.

"I hast long since gotten over the prince for many reasons and i never intend to aye love him again. I am not jealous nor enchafed. I am only relieved I escaped that madman. Everyone knows how he uses women. How he forced himself onto his maids and got 'em pregnant then banished 'em. Thou are the only one whom is unaware. "

Silence filled the room.

"I am aknown." She said, almost hesitantly.

"I am aknown of the prince's awful past yet he hath changed. He hath told me over and over how he shall ne'r forswear us. He quoth he shall aye love us. He would ne'r commit such unholy practices against me and mine child. Ne'r. "

"Look upon thee. Such a pitiful sight." I responded. "An arrogant, brainwashed, lower class, whom thinks she is in the right. Thou do not e'en receive the prince loves thou either. Yet thou still, desperately try to convince yourself he doth. Yet in  reality, the prince wouldn't e'en bat an eye if thou dropped dead this present. Thou are nought yet a needle whom keeps pricking his neck. A hurlyburly still playing in the back of his pate. An annoyance. That's all thou are. "

"You are wrong! The prince loves me with all his being!" She hollered, while moving closer to me. I took a few steps backwards.

"You are nought yet an inconvenience in his orb."  I declared.

"Stop! Thou know not what thou art is saying! He loves me...." She screamed, while moving even more closer to me. I took a few more steps backwards until I was outside the bedroom and almost at the top of the staircase. She followed, still screaming her head off.

This was it. My plan was working. Just a few more and they will be gone.

She finally stopped screaming. At this point most of the maids, guards, butlers, gardeners, chefs and other workers were surrounding the staircase below, asking if we were in need of assistance.
I took a deep breath, then shouted.

"For the final time. Theodore doth not love thou." The whole room gasped.

"Each time he looks at thy distasteful face his eyes show scorn and disgust. Each time he hears thy jarring and piercing voice his ears turn blue with pain. And each time he tells thou he loves thou, he hath to swallow a piece of his pride."

There was silence. No one said a word. Loraine stood still. This moment felt as if it was never going to end. But then Loraine started to move. She went back into her room and shut the doors. Without a word.

Moments passed. I still hadn't moved from the staircase. The workers of the castle started to mumble and gossip. My work was done.

Then suddenly, the doors flew open. Loraine was running towards me with a pointed metallic stick in her hands, ready to stab me. It was a spear.

Time felt as if it had stopped and before I knew it, I had dogged the spear.
But the foolish criminal didn't. She fell down the stairs. She rolled down and down until she arrived on the same floor as the crowd. The guards quickly ran over to help the criminal up.

However, they were too late. Blood flowed for her head, her chest and most importantly, her belly. Mission successful.

The madwoman had made an outstanding decision. She decided it would be an amazing idea if she held the spear in the wrong direction, with the point facing her. I was not joking when I said she was dense. She made my plan so much easier.

I had originally planned to ask her to leave kindly. If she didn't, I would try to embarrass her to the point where she would not want to stay. I guess this outcome was more rewarding. I got rid of the witch and the curse that was growing inside her.

I looked around. I was hoping to see Theodore anywhere. He was probably on his knees crying over his beloved.

I scoffed and turned my head to look for him. I looked around the room. Wait. He's not here. I asked around but no one had seen him. I ran outside to the guards and inquired on the prince's sudden disappearance.

It turns out, the prince had listened to me and decided to leave my land and return to Guston. Unfortunately he had 'forgotten' to bring his fiancee and the thing growing inside her.

I knew this was coming. It was only a matter of time. Well at least he hadn't planned on killing her. She did it herself.

Mother has perished; yet, I wonder if the baby survived.