1𝘭𝘭 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘲𝘶𝘪𝘦𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘮

A little blonde haired girl played with the boy, having dark hair and blue eyes, on the ground making a tower out of sticks. She wore boyish clothes, from the looks of it, from the boy she was playing with.

There was a staticky voice on the radio heard, making the two kids look up as the adults all rushed over to the radio.

"-hello? Can anyone hear my voice? Hello?"

"Hey? Hello?" The blonde woman answered into the phone.

"Hello? Can anyone hear my voice?"

"Yes! I can hear you! your coming through, over!" She replied in a excited voice from finally hearing from someone.

"If anyone read, please respond. Broadcasting on emergency channel. Will be approaching Atlanta on highway 85. If anybody reads, please respond."

"We're just outside the city!" She tried to explain but was cut off, making her sigh in disappointment. "Damn it. Hello?! Hello! He couldn't hear me, I couldn't warn him." Amy sighed, disappointingly.

"Try to raise him again." Dale encouraged. "Come on, son, you know best how to work this thing"

Shane jogged over and crouched down, grabbing the radio from the girl and speaking into the walkie. "Hello, hello! Is the person who called still on the air? This is officer Shane Walsh, broadcasting to person unknown, please respond."

Alice held onto Carl's hand, the two children wondering if the man would respond. They waited for a few more seconds for the unknown man to reply but they just got nothing. "He's gone." Shane sighed and set the walkie down. "There are others. It's not just us." Lori sighed, brushed Alice's hair behind her face, making the girl shut one eye as she did so.

"We knew there would be, right? That's why we left the C.B on." Shane sighed and looked up at the brunette woman. "Lot of good it's been doing." She scoffed. "And I've been saying for a week, we ought to put signs up on 85 to warn people away from the city."

"Folks got no idea what they're getting into." Amy frowned, backing lori up. "Well, we haven't had time." He bluntly said. "I think we need to make time." Lori insisted, the two kids looking up at her. "Yeah, that--that's a luxury we can't afford. We are surviving here. We are day to day." Shane tried to reason. "And who the hell do you think we would send?" Dale added, pissing Lori off further. "I'll go. Give me a vehicle!" She gritted, glaring at the men. "Nobody goes anywhere alone. You know that." Said shane, immediately.

Lori shook her head and walked off, muttering a sarcastic 'yes sir', letting alice go and storming off, Carl and Alice immediately wanting to follow her. Shane stood in front of them, shaking his head. "Hey, hey, go take a seat you two. She'll be fine, okay?" He smiled and turned to go walk after her.

Alice glared at him, not really liking the man and as Carl walked off after them anyways, worrying alice. "Carl, no! He said to stay!" She insisted with a frown. "Well, she's my mom!" Carl snapped, running to the tent, worrying the little girl more as she watched him disobey Shane.

The next day.

Carl and Alice played with his trucks, her hair now braided from Lori. "Dale, I'm heading out!" Lori announced, making the two look up at her. "Carl, Alice, I want you to stay where Dale can see you, okay?"