Chapter 40. The Meta Liberation Army

A/N: Not me thinking it's Tuesday today when it's not .·'¯'(>▂<)'¯'·.  anyways here's the new chapter please enjoy and remember to stay hydrated and eat well 💖

~~

~~

A woman who is spurned by a man or their lover can quickly change the situation. They're prone to seek revenge, whether it's becoming more beautiful, getting a new lover, or –making them wish they had never been born.

Words that All For One knew would be of great use.

Continuation of Flashback~

I do not need them. All I need is power. Strangely the only person who didn't abandon me was Yusuke and part of me wondered why that was but whenever I'd ask him he'd tell me, he only wanted to see the type of world I'd help create. He told me plenty of times he was looking out for me, since I reminded him of the little sister he always wanted.

While I found his reason to be rather cheesy, I didn't tell him. As long as he helps me and doesn't get in my way, that's all that matters.

Later that day, I didn't bother being around the others as they tried conquering Gigantomachia. So I went with Dabi; we were somewhat in speaking terms but that was only due to the work we had together. Apparently were going to meet with Hawks.

"Do you really have to be here?" asked Dabi annoyed.

"I've got nothing better to do." I shrugged. He rolled his eyes at me. Ignoring him, I watched the handsome pro hero coming towards us.

"Hey there." I grinned at Hawks, "I was looking forward to meeting you."

The blonde looked at me with a grin; I could tell it was all for show. "You must be the UA student who switched sides huh?"

"You've heard of me?"

"I've heard a lot of things about you." He winked at me. However, his expression darkened. "Speaking of, you two pulled a nasty trick earlier today."

"Oh?" Dabi mocked, "Says the one who should've left some casualties on the battlefield."

Taking one of his feathers and sticking it next to Dabi's neck, we all remained still. "It was different from what we discussed." Hawks was utterly displeased.

"Is that so?" Dabi looked unperturbed.

"I was hoping we'd get along better than this, Dabi." Hawks told him.

"Oh? And I thought you only had weak feathers left?" Dabi scoffed.

"Well I can exactly meet with a liar unarmed."

I nodded, "Y'know he's kinda right about that." I shamelessly agreed with the hero.

"Who's side are you on?" Dabi glared at me, "And for the hundredth time, I didn't lie to you. I just chose to keep that piece of information to myself."

"Are you guys serious...?" Hawks gawked as he watched our banter. He shook his head with disbelief as he continued to address Dabi, "The plan was for tomorrow, at the factory on the coast. Not in the middle of the damn city. Not to mention that Nomu, was on a completely different level from the ones we've seen so far. I prefer you tell me these things in advance."

With no shame on his face, Dabi answered, "I changed my mind. Did I forget to mention it would be a test on the Nomu's abilities? My bad."

I chuckled, "Aw Dabi, you're so mean to him, after all he went through today, maybe cut him some slack."