Chapter 27. A Boy Named Tenko

A/n: Thank you for being patient, I've had a lot of things going on at the moment but I managed to write this chapter. I'm currently writing ch28, hopefully I can upload it in a few days I'm not sure when but it'll be before next Thursday. Thank you so much for understanding and being patient, I can't thank you all enough for the votes/comments/follows/read, everyone please take care and I hope you enjoy today's chapter 💛

~~

Loneliness at first had me turned inside out, my soul exposed to every element of living. Yet in time I learned how to heal, how to grow a new skin and be confident in my own steps. I learned to give into my... dark impulses.

I recalled the moment AFO and All Might fought. I can't believe it. Or maybe I do but it pisses me the fuck off.

My head's been hurting since AFO practically pushed us into one of Kurogiri's portal. I can't remember much of what happened but I do know that things didn't end up in the way we all wanted it to. Especially for Tomura. He was the most devastated one since the heroes managed to lock up AFO.

I hate this. This emotion, this frustration, and situation.

I still can't believe it. I refuse to believe how things ended. It's not fair. Especially knowing that All Might is officially now retired and in his place he acknowledged him... in front of tons of people.

"You're next."

Those words were... the last drops of water that made the glass spill. Those words were like a thousands knives stabbing my heart all at once.

All because those words weren't directed at me—his daughter... and those words will never be. They'll always be directed to him. Midoriya Izuku –the boy, my rival who managed to win the war I always wanted to win –winning my dad's respect, admiration, and care.

But it is what it is. I can't go back and change the past. Those feelings have finally erupted and it's time to move with the flow and not against it.

~~

I sighed deeply as we began finding a new hideout. Everyone was displeased, discouraged most of all; we had technically lost our battle. With AFO gone, Tomura was officially the one in charge. Yet, since that day he hasn't been the same. He's been different which I'm not liking as much.

Not only that but I could feel that from now on, this won't be like before. The missions we'll be doing from now on will be more villainous to put it in simple terms. I'm not sure if I'm ready for that. There's just too much going on my mind right now. Specifically with Tomura.

I heard those words way to clear. I heard him say that name Shimura Tenko. That same name I knew of a little boy I met several years ago. The boy who I once befriended and never saw again.

They have to be the same boy right? Considering the time, he should be the age Tomura is. It just...

"You good?" Dabi asked me as he sat next to me on the floor, "You look a little pale, your hair especially. Which is weird."

I looked at my hair and saw he was right. I wonder why it's turning pale. It's strange. I shrugged, "I'm okay, I guess. I dunno." I admitted to Dabi, "A lot has happened. As for my hair, I don't fucking care about it."

"Too much shit has happened." He agreed. "But while everyone thinks Shigaraki's the one suffering the most. I have to disagree. You're the one who's in bad shape. You finally rebelled against your dad. You chose to be on opposite sides."

I sighed, "I don't know anymore. I've thought about it so much. I think Tomura's in more pain than me. I can't feel my own pain anymore is what I want to say but... now that you say it out loud, I guess I am suffering. It hurts a lot. But it doesn't matter. I don't want anyone's pity."