Chapter 39. Flames Out

A/N: Thank you for the long wait, I'm finally back. I'm still not feeling my best but the test results/doc says I need to rest and eat properly 😅 anyways, leaving that aside, thanks for the support and here's the new chapter, the next chapter will be up on Tuesday! Please enjoy and I hope everyone has a great weekend 💛💛💛💛

~~

~~

I woke up several minutes later to Yusuke shaking me a bit. Or at least that's what I thought. I didn't wake up; the real me, the [Y/N] who once believed in love and justice, the [Y/N] who had kindness and sympathy was replaced by some malicious entity governing my mind that only allowed me to think, feel and breath hatred and revenge.

Continuing Flashback~

I blinked confused. "Oh hey Yusuke. What's up? Why are you waking me up like this? Oh shit don't tell me there's another hero raid!?" I stood up rapidly and activated my quirk, "Whatever the case may be, I'm ready."

"Hold on." He spoke hesitantly as I marched over to the door, "There's no hero raid... [Y/N]... What's with your hair... your wings..." his eyes widened. "Are you okay? Are you really [Y/N]??"

I smiled with a bit of confusion in my eyes, "What do you mean? Of course I'm [Y/N] and I'm fine. You know what I feel better than ever." I grinned maliciously. "I feel so fresh and energized. I'm kinda bummed out you said there's no hero raid. Ya know I've been longing to use my quirk in a battle. It's been forever since my last fight."

"Have your wings... since when did they change?" he asked astonished.

I shrugged, "Honestly one day I realized the tips of my feathers were turning black-greyish. I thought I was going to shed them." I chuckled, "But looks like they just changed color. I think my quirk is finally becoming a part of me." I smiled looking at my hands. "It's almost like a power-up!"

Yusuke remained silent but he smiled at the end.

I opened the door with a grin, "Let's go get something to eat, I'm hungry."

"Hold on, wait. You shouldn't go. You just recovered from a panic attack." Yusuke called out to me, "At least drink some water first."

I rolled my eyes, "Dude, chill. I'm fine. I actually wanna get out of here. It's so lame and icky."

I abruptly stopped walking as I came across the rest of the League's members. I sighed annoyed as they looked at me confused.

"Who's this emo woman?" asked Twice, "Are you one of Toga's blood donors? Ay Toga she's running away! Huh she looks familiar

"Who's this emo woman?" asked Twice, "Are you one of Toga's blood donors? Ay Toga she's running away! Huh she looks familiar."

"It's me Twice." I deadpanned.

"[Y/N]???!" Toga and Twice gasped.

"[Y/N] stop and rest for a bit." Yusuke reached me, "You can't just go like that, besides it's nighttime."