Chapter 58: Grand Launch Part 2

Start from the beginning

He laughed when she gave him such a serious reply.

"If I let you decide, who would you choose?"

Arya raised her eyebrows and peered at him. "I get to decide?"

He glanced at her with an odd look as he said in an indifferent tone,

"Tell me."

Arya looked over at Caitlyn and the others, then she watched Victoria.

"I'd pick Caitlyn."

"Caitlyn is pretty fantastic in the entertainment industry. Although she's now married, her popularity has increased instead. She and her husband are a pair of well-known models as a couple. They're really in love with each other. Her husband avoided appearing before media for her sake. I followed her in the news some time back. I prefer her because she's more mature. What do you think?"

Xavier smiled. "No personal feelings included?"

She shook her head. "Of course not. I'm just telling the truth. But it seems that the PR Department and Vice President have already decided."

Seeing how she was just calmly sipping her wine, he smiled without saying anything. He waved his hand and Rick came over swiftly. Then, he quietly gave some orders to Rick who nodded and headed straight towards the host on stage.

After Victoria's performance ended, there was a short silence. The guests were buzzing with conversation. After some time, the music changed into a cheerful tone as the host spoke into the mic full of energy and excitement.

"Dear guests, ladies and gentlemen, we're now having another exciting event for tonight! Next up, let's have Director Johns up on stage. She'll be announcing the annual main ambassador. This lucky person will become the face and representative of Glory World. Please welcome Director Johns!"

Arya put her hand on her forehead when she heard the host's voice. So, this was what a supervisor had to go through! She glanced at the man beside her and said,

"Do you wanna go?"

Xavier ignored her as he was talking to Daniel.

Damn it!

Arya frowned. Inhaling a deep breath, she stood up. Once again, she headed towards the stage.

She grabbed the mic from the host as she arrived at the center of the stage and an assistant swiftly handed her a prepared envelope. Everyone hushed down and the air turned tense all of a sudden.

Arya opened the envelope with her fingers and took the card out. Peeking at the name, her eyebrows raised and she glanced over at Xavier's direction.

Xavier just looked back at her calmly as if he was enjoying a movie.

Arya went silent for a moment before she averted her gaze back to the card in her hand. Her cold and calm voice reached everyone through the microphone —

"I hereby announce the annual ambassador for Glory World: Ms. Caitlyn! Congratulations, Ms. Caitlyn!"

Arya turned to Caitlyn's direction with smiling eyes. Caitlyn stood up in disbelief, covering her mouth in surprise.

The crowd gave her a big round of applause while cries of approval and words of congratulations went around everywhere.

After a while, Caitlyn came back to her senses and went up onstage amidst the crowd cheering. She soon arrived beside Arya.

"Congratulations! I hope we'll work well with each other." Arya smiled as she congratulated Caitlyn, her eyes brightening up a little. She extended her hand towards Caitlyn.