34. SWEET TORTURE

Start from the beginning

" I should go and call the doctor. "
I said getting up from the stool, I had a cramp on my back and neck but it would go away in a minute.
" Bhai already did that. Now don't waste time, I'm hungry. "

" Huh, why haven't you eaten yet. " Is she crazy and why is everyone gone without even feeding her.
" No. Maa brought it but I wanted to eat with you. " This girl, she's too stubborn. No one would believe that she's injured with how much she's smiling.

" Let's eat. " She said tugging at my hand and what could I do, her wish my command.
I fed her and she ate obediently, " What are you doing? " I almost shouted when I saw her raising her arm that was injured to take a bite and it was at my mouth the next moment. I gulped, " You didn't eat anything. "

" I'll eat when I feel hungry princess. "
" You don't want to eat from me? " How could she even think that. So I just opened my mouth and she placed the bite in it.
I left the hand I was holding and held to the one that was injured, she can feed me all she wants but not with injuries.

Within five minutes we were done, I packed the tiffin and said, "I'll go and have a talk with the doctor. "
She just nodded and closed her eyes.

.
.

The doctor told me she shouldn't travel for a while, and she can be discharged in a day if we want. I knew her family won't agree but she's going back with me. Chittorgarh is too far from here and while Suratgarh might not be too close, it was still the better option. Moreover I don't think she would want to live in a hospital for long.

I went back to her room and she was settled on a corner of the bed, " Princess what happened. "
" Nothing. "
" Then why are you on the side, come here. "
" You come here. "
" Huh? "
" Let's sleep. "
" I just woke up princess, I'm not sleepy and I can sleep on the couch. "
" But I want you to sleep with me. "
Shit, here my princess is injured and my brain can't stop thinking about her words. Her intention might be innocent but my reaction definitely wasn't.

" Princess.. " I just started when she interrupted me, " Anirudh, please. " You never have to say please princess, I'll do anything for you. And I laid next to her. The bed was big enough for both of us if we stayed close enough and that's what she did, she scooted near me and that caused flutters in my chest. I really need a checkup but that thought vanished when she winced, " What happened? " I was up in a second.

" Nothing, it's all your fault. " It must be, definitely. But how.
" What did I do? "
" What were you laying so far for, it's not like I'm gonna eat you. I had to move myself and it must've moved a muscle. "
I'm afraid I might eat you if you continue to say such things princess. If you weren't in this condition, I'd really show you.
" I'm sorry, I just didn't want to hurt you. "
" You're not, now come here. I'm sleepy. "

While I had no idea what she wanted to do, I still laid and turned towards her, she took some effort to do the same. While it hurt me that she's going through all this, I wanted to see what she had in mind. Her left arm came over me, like hugging me but as it was injured before she didn't apply much force on the hold, just a light weight, like ascerning it's presence.

But as she drifted into sleep I realized that she wasn't doing this because she wanted to, it might be a factor too but it was mainly because she needed it. She was using me as a semblance to remember that she's safe, that I'm here. And it hurt more than anything I thought.

She would frown sometimes, or she'll be frightened or in pain and even though I knew she was dreaming about it, I couldn't do anything for her other than holding her.
She calmed around midnight and when I was sure she won't wake up I got up from the bed.

Twenty minutes later I was there, the place where my princess was.
" Sir, Vinayak sir and hridhaan sir are inside. " A guard came and informed me, I nodded and went to where I knew they would be.