Chapter 2

Good morning and goodnight!

When Hotch left, you went to bed and set your alarm at 8:30 so you could get ready before waking up Jack at 9:30. Around 4:00 a.m., you heard shuffling outside your door.

'Oh my god...' You thought to yourself. You got up and held a lamp above your head that was on the nightstand next to your new bed. Slowly opening the door to see Jack crying.

"Oh noo...babyy hey its okay." You gently put the lamp down and kneel down to level with Jack. "Come here...it's gonna be okay. I'm here." You stretched your arms out, then Jack came to hug you.

"What happened, sweetie? Bad dream?" You held on tight to him, getting up and heading back inside the guest room.

"Mhm...the monsters were coming after me and my daddy.." He tried to stop crying then said, "Can I sleep with you, miss?"

"Of course you can!" You stroked his hair back and laid him down next to you. "It's okay. I'm here." You whispered to Jack, stroking his hair, making him fall asleep quickly. You hummed a lullaby before drifting back asleep.

[At 8:30, your alarm rang, but you quickly turned it off to not wake up Jack. As you did so, you slid out of bed and went to take a shower, changed, went out to the kitchen, cooked breakfast with coffee, and went back into the room.]

"Jack." You whispered, "Come on, wake up, sweetie." You nudged Jack, which woke him up slowly. "Hey there, sleepy head."

"Mm... good morning.." He said in his sleepy voice, sitting up while rubbing his eyes.

"Here..come on. We're ready for take-off!" You picked Jack up, speed walking out the room, "coming in for the landinggg!!" You placed Jack down gently onto a seat.

"I madeee....pancakes!!" You made a small gasp and a huge smile on your face. "You like pancakes, right?" Knowingly it was his favorite thanks to hotch.

"Yea!! My favorite! I love pancakes." He couldn't help to jump a little up and down in his seat. It melted your heart.

It was a Saturday, so Jack had nothing to do for the day, but you decided to do something with him. Something fun.

"Soo Jack," I finally said after making my coffee and sitting down across from him, "Your dad had to leave for work, and I'm your nanny! Tell me..is there anything you want to do today?? Anything you'd like to do?"

"Mmmm..." He took another bite of his pancakes trying to think. You ate while you waited patiently. "Can we go to the park!" Jack smiled at you.

"Yes! Of course we can go to the park today!" You got up taking both empty dirty plates and put them in the sink. You turned to Jack, "Go take a shower and get ready. Okay?"

"Okay!" Jack got up and ran to get ready. Hotch was right...he was like an angel. He was the most sweetest and most happiest boy you've ever met. He probably had the greatest dad in the world.

[Not short after Jack came out, ready to go. You held his hand and walked him to your car. Driving to the park, you asked Jack simple questions like:

"What's your favorite ice cream flavor?"

"Favorite color?"

"What do you like to do with your dad?"

Ect. You know the basics.]

You parked in a spot that was close to the park. Got out and got Jack out who was holding your hand leading you to the swing set. Jack got onto a swing and asked you to push him, and so you did.

You stopped pushing Jack for a minute to take a picture of him smiling. You sent it straight to Hotch, thinking he would appreciate seeing his little boy happy.