Chu Xia nodded and said to Cen Huaian with a smile: "Grandma and grandpa are also soldiers. If you want to know more about soldiers, you can ask grandma and grandpa."

She could see Cen Huaian's avoidance of Jiang Shengnan and Cen's father. Now that they have come to the northwest, Jiang Shengnan and Cen's father are both good people and they also love An An. An An can have more contact with them and cultivate their relationship.

Jiang Shengnan immediately understood Chu Xia's intention and quickly answered: "Yes, does An An have anything to ask?"

Cen Huaiguang raised his head, looked at Chu Xia and then at Jiang Shengnan. After thinking for a moment, he asked, "Grandma, why do they all salute when they see you?"

Jiang Shengnan pointed to the four pockets on his clothes and said: "Because grandma has this. In the army, the four pockets are for cadres. Unless there are special circumstances, soldiers will salute when they see cadres."

Cen Huai'an nodded as if he understood. He still didn't know what cadres and soldiers were.

Jiang Shengnan seemed to know his confusion, and gave him some popular science about the differences between soldiers and cadres in the army, as well as some army positions.

The three of them walked out of the army while talking.

The place where the troops are stationed is far away from the city, but there are villages nearby, and there is a large market in half an hour's walk.

During the recent Chinese New Year, the market is different from the previous fixed days. It runs every day until the end of New Year's Eve, and then closes for the New Year.

Fairs in rural areas are very lively. People set up stalls directly on both sides of the road, and the middle of the road is crowded with market-goers, all busy buying new year goods.

Chu Xia and Jiang Shengnan held Cen Huai'an's hand tightly, fearing that people would squeeze him away.

Cen Huai'an's small body was squeezed into the crowd, and he felt like his face was deformed. Moreover, he was so small that he couldn't see anything if he was blocked by adults.

"Chu Xia, do you want to eat mutton?" Jiang Shengnan asked loudly. Otherwise, he couldn't hear him. There were too many people and the sound was too noisy.

"eat!"

Mutton soup, mutton steamed buns, cumin mutton, fried onion mutton, mutton skewers, braised mutton chops...

Thinking of these mutton delicacies, Chu Xia couldn't help but salivate. Especially mutton kebabs, she hasn't eaten them for a long time.

Upon hearing that Chu Xia was talking about eating mutton, Jiang Shengnan pulled the two of them and squeezed to the nearby stall that was selling fresh mutton. There were many people around watching the boss separate the mutton.

"Lao Fu, I want a sheep! You pick one with tender meat, pack it up and help send it to the army."

Jiang Shengnan often comes here to buy mutton, and he is very familiar with Lao Fu, who sells mutton. Lao Fu held the knife and looked up when he heard the sound. He had a beard on his face, but he smiled heartily and said, "Okay! I promise to deliver it to you at noon!"

Jiang Shengnan gave him a deposit, and she would give him the remaining money after he sent it to the army.

I heard that fresh mutton from the northwest is different from other places. It has no odor and tastes great.

Chu Xia licked her lips. She had wanted to try it ever since she knew Cen Zhengnian was in the northwest, and now she finally had the chance.

The New Year is all about eating and drinking, and delicious food is essential.