~~1: EPEX BaekMin - More Than That Pt.1~~

Start from the beginning

Despite the members being half asleep, they did not fail to notice that Baekseung and A-Min were distancing themselves from eachother and just not talking at all, and of course that they looked far drowsier than everyone else.
"You alright?" Keum asked in a raspy morning voice, nudging A-Min to get his attention.
"Yeah." he responded after a bit of hesitation, followed on by a sigh.
"Yeah that's not true. What happened between you and Hyunwoo, huh? You know you can tell me anything." Keum said, obviously not buying it.
"Aaahhh.." A-Min massaged his temples "I'll tell you later. We have a break at the same time today anyway don't we?"
"Yeah."
"K, I'll tell you then. Right now I just don't have the energy."
"Alright. You know I'm always here if you need anything." Keum reassured A-Min.
"Yeah, thanks Hyung."
"Anytime." he said, patting his back.

Nearly an identical conversation was happening between Baekseung and Wish at almost the exact same time. That was before their manager arrived and they had to get in the car and head to their interview.

Around five hours later, Keum's and A-Min's shared break came by and they could finally talk about the entire situation.
"So tell me, what's up?" Keum said as they sat down each with a coffee and a pastry.
"So last night I wanted to talk to Hyunwoo about the fact I've been asking him to hang out for months now and he's been continuously telling me 'we'll see'. So I wanted to talk to him about that today because he's been dragging it on for too long and he started going on about how we're idols and how our schedules won't always synchronise and even if they do we'll only get an hour or maybe even a half hour break and that's not enough to hang out."
"Right.." Keum commented. You could tell he was all ears for A-Min because he was facing his entire body towards him and had his eyes fixated on his gestures, eyes, facial expressions, everything, and he had his chin propped up on his hand.
A-Min continued- "and then I told him we could ask for a day off and just lie about why we need that day off because yeah, I know they won't give us a day off if we say we just wanna hang out so that's why I said we could say it's a fever or something. So he said that they'd find out eventually that we're lying because we're idols which means we're constantly being checked up on and if they find out then we're dead."

A-Min's eyes started glistening and upon noticing this, his Keum Hyung started stroking his arm comfortingly with a worried look on his face.
"And in the end I told him he was overcomplicating it and stormed out of his room" his voice cracked as he said that sentence so Keum gave him a warm hug "and now I feel like I should've listened to him because what he said made sense I just couldn't bare him telling me we can't hang out constantly because I feel like we're so close and I can't help but feel he's drifting away from me. Did I do something wrong or am I overthinking or am I being obsessive or-"

"Minwoo-yah" Keum interrupted him and grabbed his shoulders. He hated seeing A-Min like this, but it's also sweet that this is truly how much he cares about Baekseung "have you seen the way you two act around eachother? You're always so chatty and goofy, there's no way he's drifting away from you. He can't drift away from you whether he likes it or not anyway because you are both in EPEX and unless his aspiration isn't to become an idol anymore than he has no choice but to remain friends with you. It's inevitable, right? Plus, I doubt you did anything wrong 'cause you're such a lovely person. But at the end of the day let's be honest, we both know that that argument was a tad childish, that's not just me right?"
Minwoo hesitated in nodding his head in agreement with his Hyung.

"Cool, so I think you should apologise to him and forget about it because I think you two forgot, we have a break for three days next week, you'll have all the time you need to hang out. Besides, I'm 200% sure he'll apologise too, I'm sure he knows that it was immature too." Keum told A-Min while wiping the tears off his face with his thumbs.
"Thanks Hyung, so much." A-Min said, pulling Keum in for a tight hug.
"Anytime." Keum said, smiling at A-Min. They then proceeded to eat their pastries and change the topic of the conversation to something a little bit more joyful.

Baekseung's POV
I told Wish Hyung I'll tell him what happened later tonight and it's only five o'clock which means we still have five hours left. That's ages! I just wanna get this shit off my chest. Not saying I wanna burden him, I just need someone's advice on this and Wish Hyung might just be the perfect person. I mean he is our leader after all and he's reassured us countless times that we can tell him anything and that he's here for us and all that stuff.
I let out a sigh. 'Gosh, can this day go by any slower?' I thought to myself as I rubbed my face in the palms of my hands.

FINALLY, after what felt like days, nighttime came by and I could finally tell Wish Hyung all about what happened. Midway through telling him, I teared up and he caressed my hair to comfort me. I also told him I felt stupid and horrible for saying such things to A-Min and this is what he said to me.
"Listen Hyunwoo-yah. You weren't stupid for saying those things, it's totally understandable. But Minwoo's side is also just as understandable. Now I'm not taking sides here, I want you to know that, but we both know that this argument was kinda immature at the end of the day right?"
I nodded in response then he kept going "then I suggest you apologise to him. And be sincere, don't just say 'I'm sorry'. Say how you actually feel about it, yeah? Plus I'm sure he'll apologise too, he should also know that it was immature. Just remember, never apologise for something you didn't do."

"Okay thank you Wish Hyung, I owe you one." I said and hugged him tightly as a sincere thank you.
"Nah, it's my pleasure. I'm always here if you need me okay? Always." he said, looking me in my eyes.
"Okay Hyung, thanks a lot."
"No problemo." he said, smiling reassuringly while ruffling my hair. His smile made me automatically smile back too.
"Okay, let's go to bed now. It's getting late and I'm sure you're reaaally tired after how little sleep you got last night. We don't have to wake up as early tomorrow so you should get as much sleep as possible to make up for it. We only need to get in by 9 or 10 tomorrow anyway." Wish Hyung told me.
"Oh really? Thank God." I said, leaning back and shutting my eyes, looking forward to finally getting a good night's sleep.
"Haha. Well, I'll leave you to sleep now. Sweet dreams Hyunwoo-yah!" Wish Hyung said while patting my head and then leaving my room and shutting the door behind him.

The next morning I woke up only a bit before 8am. It felt great ya know 'cause usually I have to wake up between like 4 and 6:30. Anyways, after getting out of bed, I went to the bathroom and did my morning routine then changed into something comfortable for the time being and went downstairs to see my members who were all already awake.

I guess I'm the last one to wake up.
"Yo Hyunwoo Hyung, want some pancakes?" Jeff asked as he saw me.
"Yeah- wait who made them?" I asked, just to be sure..
"Ayden." Jeff responded.
"Oh God, no thank you." I joked.
"YAH! Atleast try-" Ayden yelled at me.
"Oh my Gosh, chill out, I was kidding. Yeah I'll have some."

I'll talk to A-Min after breakfast. He's sitting on the sofa right now doing something on his phone. Why am I low-key nervous?

"Here ya go." Jeff said, placing the pancakes infront of me.
"Thanks Jaeho-yah." I said and started munching on the pancakes.

"I hate to say this but they're actually pretty edible." I said.
"Gee thanks." Ayden said.
"I'm kidding, I'm kidding! Oh my God, I love taking the piss out of you it's the best thing ever!" I chuckled "they're good Yejun-ah, well done."
I finished my breakfast within a few minutes and thanked Ayden for it. Now its time to talk to A-Min..

"Minwoo-yah-"
"Hyunwoo-yah-"

a/n: aaaaaa hope this wasn't too bad. a part two will be coming sooonnnnnn

word count: 2317