Volume 1: The Second Day

I woke up the next morning, feeling refreshed after a long day of getting used to my new home. After I got dressed and showered, I headed outside my room to head to the first day of actual classes and was happy to see a familiar face.

"Morning Koichi," Ayanokoji said as he entered the elevator.

"Oh, hey Ayanokoji! You're my neighbor?", I asked.

"Seems like it. You ready for classes today?"

"Yeah, I'm curious to see how the teachers teach here. It'll give me a better idea of how the school works in general."

"Smart. I just want to have a peaceful three years here," he said, "Hopefully my classmates behave and don't cause problems."

The elevator stopped at the bottom floor and we walked to the school building, chatting along the way.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We spent a lot of time simply reviewing course objectives today. Makes sense I suppose, with it being the first day of class, but that doesn't make it any more fun. Following that, it was time for lunch.

"Koichi-kun!", Honami called out to me from the front of the class, "Wanna eat lunch with us?"

"Of course!", I said, "You guys going to the cafeteria or someplace else?"

"There's a cafe called Pallet that we could try!", Honami said, "That okay with you Kanzaki?"

"I see no reason not to be," he said, "Lead the way."

The three of us walked to the cafe, right before the lunch rush began. I noticed that it was almost all girls who crowded the area.

Paying no mind to that, I ordered a cinnamon roll, a cookie, and a mint tea before sitting down with my two friends at a table near the back.

"Someone has a sweet tooth," Kanzaki joked.

"Got that right. Although you two aren't much better yourselves," I laughed, motioning at their scones.

I took a bite of my cookie and it was quite delicious, melting in my mouth.

"Are you two planning to go to the club fair later?", Honami asked.

"Club fair?", I asked, confused.

"Hoshinomiya-sensei mentioned it earlier in class," Kanzaki said, "You did seem to be a bit dazed though."

"I probably tuned her out," I nodded, "But yeah, I'll go to the club fair!"

"I'm sure there will be a lot of upperclassmen there and I want to ask them some questions about how the school works," I said, "Would be nice to get a jump on the other classes."

"You say that as if you learned something new after what you told us at lunch yesterday," Kanzaki mused, "Am I right?"

"You are. After I left you guys yesterday I went to the convenience store to pick up some items and I met two guys from Class D," I said, "When we left the store we started to get picked on by three upperclassmen."

"That's horrible! What're their names?", Ichinose asked in shock.

"It's fine," I assured her, "And they didn't say their names. But after they found out that my friends were in Class D, they started laughing, and they called them defective."

"I asked for info but they refused to give me anything," I finished.

"Interesting," Kanzaki said.

"Yeah. So there's certainly some sort of hierarchy. Only question is how deep it goes," I said, "But enough of that! What clubs were you two thinking of joining?"