He paused and swallowed, rubbing his chin for a few good seconds. "I also think I prefer the same gender as people I... fancy." It almost sounded like a question.

"So you're gay." Minho blurted out emotionless.

"Uh, yeah. You can put it like that too." Newt coughed. "Still doesn't mean I'm in love with Tommy!"

"That nickname explains a lot already," Minho replied. "Definitely in love with Thomas."

Newt glanced at Minho. "You're telling me if I call Thomas 'Tommy', I'm in love with him... but when you call Lena 'Lee', you say you're not in love with her?"

Minho stared at Newt for a few seconds, then spoke up. "Alright! Let's go search for our dear friends and celebrate Newt coming out even though we all knew he was gay."

I hid my blush by turning my head the other way. "Thanks for the braid, Newt."

We started walking.
"Don't mention it," Newt replied. I noticed he was fidgeting with his hands and looked pretty nervous.

"Hey, you all right?" I frowned.

He sniffed his nose. "Yeah."

"It's very good of you that you... you know, came out." I hesitantly looked at Newt, who shrugged.

"Not that big of a deal."

"No, it is a big deal and I'm proud, seriously," I assured, my heart warming up somehow. "It's not just nothing."

"I said it weirdly." He commented. "And also, how am I gonna tell Tommy this?"

"However you want." I smiled. "Do you want to tell him?"

Newt definitely struggled with his answer, by the look on his face. His eyebrows furrowed, relaxed, and furrowed again as his eyes twitched around everywhere. "Alright." He suddenly took my arm and pulled me away from the others.

Patiently I waited for Newt to continue, watching him get nervous even more.

"So.." Newt started, then put a hand on his forehead.

"Newt, calm," I ordered sweet but quick.. scared it would get out of hand if he didn't stop panicking. 

"Right." He took a breath. "I don't think I can tell Tommy I'm homosexual."

I already felt bad for him.
"Why not?"

Newt breathed in deeply once again. "I think it'll ruin our friendship." He explained. "And.." He started to stress out again. "And I think Minho's right." He almost whispered. "I know, actually." 

Confused my eyes searched around Newt's face. "Minho's right about what?"

"Bloody hell..." Newt mumbled, walking around. "He's right that I am 'definitely in love with Thomas'." He blurted out in one breath.
"I'm in love with Thomas."

Proud, but not very surprised I waited for Newt to take his breaths again. "So you think it'll ruin your friendship if you come out to Thomas because you like him?"

"Basically." Newt rubbed his eyes. "I have no idea what to do, Lena."

"Talk to him," I suggested. "I swear I'm not making this up... Thomas likes you too."

Newt's whole face lit up, then dropped in disappointment. "No, he doesn't. Why would he like someone like me?"

"Hey! You two coming?" Frypan shouted from a distance.

"Yeah, in a minute! Just keep walking!" I yelled before turning to Newt. "Why wouldn't he like someone like you?"

"Look at me!" Newt motioned at himself. I frowned deeply and told him nothing was wrong with him. "You noticed this?" He moved his foot, which I indeed noticed was limp before.

"A limp's not a reason for him to not like you, Newt."

Newt sat down against a tree frustratedly as I decided not to ask him about the limp. I knew it wasn't a cheerful subject. "I say you tell him."

"One condition." Suddenly he grinned, his sad expression fading away. "I will tell Thomas my sexuality, only if you tell Minho you're in love with him."

My mouth fell open, my face heating up completely. "I- no- I'm not- Minho? Me? No- nev- I would never." I denied it, which was definitely not my best quality on certain things.

"Obviously yes." Newt smiled. "We got a deal?"

"No." I crossed my arms sternly. "First of all... I've known Minho for three days. Also, he doesn't like me in that way, and I'm not supposed to like him at all."

"All excuses, Lena." Newt chuckled. "He likes you a lot."

I raised my eyebrows. "And how would you know?"

"I can see it by the way he changes when you're around and how he looks at you," Newt responded.

"All excuses, Newt." I mimicked. "If you tell Thomas you're homosexual and maybe even kiss him, I will admit to Minho."

"But that's impossible!" Newt threw his hands in the air. "I will never kiss Thomas."

"He will kiss you, then." I shrugged. "Oh, and that's a lie. I bet you'll be kissing soon!"

Newt shook his head. "Can we go back to the others?"

"Sure." I laughed.

"Don't you dare tell them." Newt threatened.

"Same for you, lizard."

"Hey! Lena Cheeta!"

"Seriously?"

"Yes."

"Minhdorin." I giggled.

"Flaminho," Newt added.

"Mean hoe."

"Sounds about right."