Gwen sighed "La Fiera has a lot more resources than Cesar and, honestly, a level of brutality that his crew's never seen before." She said.

Nolan nodded "We can't just stand by and watch them shoot up the city. I mean, we got lucky this time. No innocents were hurt, but that can't last." Nolan said. Gwen nodded and agreed "Word is Sandra flew back from Guatemala after burying Diego. She's bunkered down at Hotel Mathilde. Rented out the whole ninth floor." Angela said.

"I'll go talk to La Fiera. He killed her son. I don't think there's anything I can say that will make her stand down. But I'll try" Gwen said.

Grey nodded and walked away. Tim pulled Gwen aside "Are you sure you want to do this?" He asked Gwen. He didn't want her to stress out.

Gwen sighed she didn't really have a choice. Sandra had a weird relationship with the detective.  "Yes. I'm going to try to talk to her" he nodded and placed his hand on her shoulder "Be careful" she nodded and said goodbye.

**
Gwen got to the hotel presenting her ID to the security who guarded the floor.

"Police. I'm here to see Sandra de La Cruz" she said. The guard walked over "Do you have a warrant?" He asked.

"Not yet. Is that a problem?" She asked. She watched as he smirked "Not yet" he said letting her inside.

Gwen walked inside the hotel room seeing La Fiera dressed black head to toe meaning she was still mourning. She turned around at the sound of the door opening.

"Hermana. Thank you for the flowers you sent for Diego's funeral. They were lovely. We held the service at Casa de Dios. Thousand attended and walked with me as we buried him in Chichicastenango -- in a bright yellow tomb to honor the sunshine he brought into my life." She said standing up. She walked over to Gwen with a smile.

"You should've stayed in Guatemala." Gwen said. La Fiera shook her head no.

"I have unfinished business here" she walked over to the table and faced the detective. Gwen grew serious hoping she can talk some sense into the drug lord.

"Listen to me. Up until this point, you've managed to fly mostly under the radar, away from the eyes of federal law enforcement. But you announced yourself in a big way this morning. A dozen dead bodies elevates you to the top of the watchlist." Gwen said. She was hoping she would call off the war.

"I have nothing left to lose, hermana. But there is a very simple thing you can do to end this war before it goes any farther." La Fiera said with a smirk.

Gwen crossed her arms across her chest "And what's that?" She asked.

"We both know you were wiretapping a dying man's hospital room. You heard him promise to give me control, but he slipped into a coma before he could tell his people. You want this war to end? Give me that recording." She said.

*
Nolan and Tim were surveilling Cesar's house in case of any surprise appearances. Gwen was on her way to the station to retrieve the recording for La Fiera.

"So, how's it going with the baby's room? Is it all done?" Nolan asked in attempts to make small conversation.

Tim sighed and looked over "Yes, the room is done. Now just doing last minute things" he said. Nolan nodded "I couldn't wait until Henry was born. My ex wife Sarah she had a hard pregnancy. Always uncomfortable, and emotional. It's hard we don't give women enough credit" Nolan said. Tim nodded agreeing he knew how much being pregnant was hard for Gwen. She was at the stage where she would come home completely exhausted and hormonal.