6.

Mid-Wilshire
Season 2, Ep 8

**A couple of weeks have went by Tim had texted Gwen almost every night after their shifts

**
A couple of weeks have went by Tim had texted Gwen almost every night after their shifts. Gwen felt a bunch of different emotions she was hoping eventually Tim would ask her on a date so they could actually get to talk alone. But, the universe had other plans for Gwen and Tim, Tim suddenly stopped texting the blonde beauty which left her hurt and confused. Gwen spent the weekend eating a tub of ice cream, and binge watched Stranger Things. So the three of them spent Sunday night getting drunk off a bottle of wine. One thing that Gwen was grateful for was her friendship with Angela and Lucy she was thankful they had came over and listened to her vent about Tim.

Gwen decided to put more effort into her appearance today she took the time to actually do her hair, and makeup, as well as a more presentable outfit for work. Gwen clipped on her badge and gun happy with her appearance. Once Gwen got to work she put her belongings in her locker. Angela had informed Gwen that she was still placed temporary T.O for Jackson until further notice. Meaning that Gwen would have to help out at the station or help out on patrol.

Gwen walked into the roll call room ignoring Tim who was to busy glancing at her. He knew he fucked up he stopped texting her, he felt like a jerk because he led her on, and completely ghosted her. All because he was lost in his own head with past trauma from Isabel. Gwen sat down next to Angela listening to the roll call announcements from Grey. She had a feeling she would be stuck at the station until her presence was needed.

Once Grey dismissed the officers Gwen got up and walked towards her desk "Hey Gwen?" Tim called out. Gwen placed her phone in her pocket and shook her head "Don't worry about it Officer Bradford" she said walking away. In all honesty Gwen didn't really want to even talk about what had happened.

Tim sighed feeling defeated and guilty. He was going to make it up to her but first he needed help from Angela.

**

Gwen spent the morning organizing paper work, and answering phone calls regarding questions about some unfinished cases. Grey walked up to Gwen "Detective, follow me, officer Chen, and Bradford were involved in an accident I need you on scene" Gwen stood up immediately and followed Grey outside towards the shop. Her heart began to race she hoped everyone was okay, and she also didn't want to go despite her feeling towards Tim.

Gwen got to the scene and saw an ambulance wheel out an older women with a neck brace. She didn't look like she was injured which was a good sign "You two okay?" Grey asked. Tim nodded glancing over at Gwen who had her notepad ready to take a statement from the two.

"Yeah" they both said. Gwen stepped forward "What happened?" Gwen asked, she avoided eye contact with Bradford and looked at Lucy.

"I lost focus, the car suddenly stopped I hit her" Tim said, Gwen looked over at him her blue eyes meeting his brown ones. She gave him a sympathetic look "and the other driver?" She asked.

Lucy looked at the ambulance that took off to the hospital " Uh, taken to the hospital. Might have whiplash. Possible concussion" Gwen nodded writing down the information. Grey looked over at Bradford "It's probably best you sit out the ceremony today" he said. Gwen hid her frown feeling upset knowing Tim couldn't be at the pin induction ceremony this afternoon.

"Of course. Can't have the Deputy Chief handing a plaque to an officer facing demotion" Tim said. Grey nodded "I'll also need a full accident memo by the end of shift" he said looking over at Gwen "Detective you stay with Bradford and Lucy. Offer any support you can. Also question the lady involved in the accident". Gwen nodded watching Grey leave.

"Lucy, Follow the shop back to the garage and get new gear. Meet us back at the hospital" Gwen said. Tim looked at Gwen confused "We're going to the hospital they'll do a full work-up and prove that you weren't impaired" Gwen said. Tim nodded knowing that it was going to be awkward in the car.

The two rode in silence Gwen focused on anything but Tim. She didn't want to bring up his awkward behavior. Tim sighed and took a glance over at Gwen who was purposely avoiding eye contact "Gwen, listen" Gwen cut him off.

"Not now Bradford, I don't want to hear it" she said pulling into the hospital parking lot. Gwen allowed Tim to go get checked in and also evaluated for any major changes in the status of his health. Gwen looked up from her phone seeing Jackson and Angela walk in "Hey what's up?" She said.

Angela looked slightly panicked "Keep this between us, but Jackson accidentally got an unknown drug on him. He's high as a kite. I'm getting him tested to make sure it isn't PCP" Angela said watching as Jackson played with the paintings on the wall.

Gwen laughed " I'm sure it's nothing but keep me updated" Gwen said. Angela nodded "Why are you here?" She asked. Gwen sighed looking over at Tim who was sitting in the emergency room area. "Tim and Lucy were involved in a fender bender, just checking to make sure Tim wasn't impaired, also got to question the victim"  Angela nodded "Good luck" she said walking away with Jackson.

Gwen walked over to Tim who was sitting on the bed, the doctor had just finished up doing a bunch of tests "How is he?" Gwen asked. The doctor looked over and smiled "Every test came back clear" Gwen nodded "And the women?" She asked.

"The CT scan came back negative for internal bleeding. We'll keep her overnight to make sure she's okay. She asked for you, when they first brought her in. She doesn't blame you. Go talk to her" she said looking over at Tim. Tim nodded and thanked the doctor.

Gwen and Tim walked into the women's room who was laying in bed with her boyfriend she assumed sitting in the chair.

"How are you feeling Sarah?" Tim asked.

The women rubbed her neck glancing at her boyfriend who seemed aggravated "Do you know how much all this is going to cost?" He said. Gwen looked over at the boyfriend "It will be covered by the city" she said.

"Do you think that makes it better?" The boyfriend said. Gwen sighed and looked at Tim who was ready apologize.

"I'm really sorry that I hit you. I hope you feel better soon" Tim said. Sarah nodded giving Tim a small smile.

Gwen and Tim walked out of the hospital room and saw officer Chen walk up to the two "Hey, what do you got?" Gwen asked.

"Well turns out Sarah cut the break lights to her car, and she had arson supplies in her back seat. Sounds like this was all planned for insurance money" Lucy said.

"Sounds like fraud to me. You two go question them I'm going to go back to the station." Lucy nodded and Gwen watched as Tim looked like he wanted to say something.

Gwen sat in the shop looking down at her phone that lit up with two new messages from Tim:

Can we talk after shift?
I'm sorry

Gwen sighed and locked her phone heading back to the station.

Things are heating up for the two.