𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑩𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝑺𝒉𝒆𝒆𝒑𝒔

꧁𓆉︎𖦹☾︎✯☽︎𖦹𓆉︎꧂

𝑶𝒅𝒆 𝑻𝒐 𝑴𝒚 𝑭𝒂𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒚 - 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑪𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒃𝒆𝒓𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒔
0:33 ━❍──────── -3:58
↻ ⊲ Ⅱ ⊳ ↺

"𝑰 𝒂𝒎 𝑯𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒂, 𝒈𝒐𝒅𝒅𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑯𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒉, 𝑯𝒐𝒎𝒆, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑯𝒐𝒔𝒑𝒊𝒕𝒂𝒍𝒊𝒕𝒚."

꧁𓆉︎𖦹☾︎✯☽︎𖦹𓆉︎꧂

THEY ARRIVED AT THE AIRPORT, and after waiting for a long time, they got into the plane where takeoff was a nightmare for Percy and Y/N. The only difference was that, while Percy was Zeus' number 1 enemy of the moment, Y/N didn't have the sympathy of the whole godly community. And the other is that Y/N was good at hiding her fear. Percy wasn't, which wasn't helping Y/N either.

A few hours later, the plane touched down safely at La Guardia. The local press was waiting for them outside security, but they managed to evade them thanks to Annabeth, who lured them away in her invisible Yankees cap, shouting, "They're over by the frozen yogurt! Come on!", and then rejoined us at baggage claim.

"If only that was true," Y/N sighed as she was being dragged out of the airport by Annabeth.

The four teens arrived at the taxi stand, where Percy told Annabeth and Grover to get back to Camp Half-Blood, take Y/N with them, and let Chiron know what had happened. They tried to protest, and it took Percy a lot of time and persuasion to make them agree.

Nonetheless, convincing Y/N was a difficult thing to do.

The girl scoffed and crossed her arms, "What makes you think that you're going there on your own?"

"I have to do this alone, you know?" He snapped back.

"Is that so?" Y/N sighed, irritated. "I don't know why I'm even asking you. I'm coming, whether you like it or not. Besides, I'm not doing this for you."

"Oh yeah?! Then why? Because ever since we met you, you have been complaining about how we dragged you into this and how you wanted to go!"

"That," Y/N paused. "It's none of your business."

Percy groaned and was about to say something, but before he could even pronounce a word, Annabeth intervened in the conversation, annoyed, "You know what?! If you're going to continue fighting like an old couple, Grover and I will go back and tell everyone the truth while the both of you go to the Empire State. Is that fine with everyone?" She looked at her three friends slightly annoyed.

"Why would we want to go there?" Y/N asked, incredulously.

Percy facepalmed, he was starting to understand why Annabeth got so annoyed with him when they met, "See! This is why I don't want you to come!"

Y/N glared at him, "Did someone ask you?!"

The blonde girl, however, explained to Y/N what the building had to do with the Gods quickly. "I'd like to tell you more about it but you two have to go now."