Already Broken

Mulai dari awal

A part of Farsight's boyish nature hoped for treasure but was disappointed only seeing a few scraps of paper. Farsight sank back in the chair, looking through the secret documents.

Farsight's eyes grew wider with each passing sentence of the documents he read.

"Soldiers!" Farsight called out, knowing there was someone outside the office who would have followed him. Two guards entered the room, avoiding the broken, tipped-over desk and saluted their leader.

"Yes, Commander?"

"Fetch me, Warfarin and only Warfarin."

The two soldiers didn't comment on their leader's ashen expression before nodding and leaving quickly.

Farsight looked back down at the documents again and whispered in disbelief.

"Married? Child?"

~

"Amiya of Rhodes Island"

Agenta looked at Amiya and her two companions with cold indifference, but the bloodshot eyes and messy look after crying removed most of the Farseer's intimidation.

"Yes?" Amiya looked up at Agenta.

"As of this moment, Rhodes Island belongs to the Enclave. Your operator's answer to Farsight, you go where we tell you and fight who we command you to, Understood?"

Amiya, Closure and Warfarin stared at Agenta in shock, not expecting that.

"We understand" Amiya's shock gave way to contemplation. What choice did she have?

"Certain operators will be punished by Farsight himself, specifically Nian and Blaze, but others as well..." Agenta told them her face, expressing she wanted to punish them herself. They could only guess it was Nian she wanted.

"Hey!, Let her go!" 

Everyone turned to see Sussurro being dragged into the atrium alongside a wounded Dr Silence, who had a bleeding head wound. 

"Operator Sussurro, stop!" Closure called out, getting the Vulpo's attention. Sussurro saw the three allies and calmed down. 

"Amiya, Closure, Warfarin! You're all okay," Sussurro smiled at them in relief.

Sussurro and Silence were placed by the other members of Rhodes Island, who looked at the two in concern. Warfarin moved to Silence, checking her head wound; Silence was barely conscious.

"Saria and Ifrit are gonna be pissed," Warfarin mumbled.

Not long after, another figure was dragged in.

Amiya's eyes widen as every Enclave soldier tense. The temperature in the room seemed to drop as the unconscious and wounded Nian was hauled into view.

The nasty puncture wound was visible on her stomach for all to see, her once flawless skin, marked by blackened veins, overtaken by the back venom of the now-dead Exarch.

Everyone watched with hitched breath as Agenta relieved a pulse pistol from the nearest soldier and pointed it at Nian's forehead. All those close backed away from Nian, not wanting to be hit by her blood and brains if Agenta pulled the trigger.

"Please, don't," Amiya's soft voice echoed through the silent atrium, hoping Agenta wouldn't do it.

Agenta ignored the Cautus as everyone continued to wait in anticipation, wondering if Nian was about to get her brain blown out. Agenta's gun hand started to shake as seconds passed, which only worsened with time.

In a moment of clarity, Agenta lowed the gun and sighed. All those around had different opinions on Agenta's choice. Many wanted to see Nian get her brain blown out, while others didn't want her to die so quickly. Some don't want her to die since she only protected her home.