Part 2: Heart's Witchcraft

Spells. Magic. Alchemy.

My childhood was spent on the arms of storybooks and wishful thinking. Thought that there's a real pot of gold at the end of the rainbow and if I plant beanstalk, I may reach heavens where giants lay. I once believed in glass shoes and magic carpets. Princesses and prince charmings. 'Bout happy thoughts that can make you fly. Dreamland. Castles. Happily-ever-afters. None could be so gullible than a child's heart; it may cling so snug to whatever it finds good.

Not so long ago, I've got this congenital detestation for negatives. Optimism was my value and whenever I find people who exhibit antipathy about life, I was quick to refute actions. But just as how hard I was upon pushing my good girl faith, the same level I lose sanity now whenever I encounter people defensive of the ideas I've so enjoyed before.

Growing up's a real pain. Don't know if someone out there's suffering the same thing. You know that transition from carefree stage to foolish responsibilities-- not that I hold grudge 'cause I'm anxious of duties, but it's just so depressing. You toil for success, but you end up chasing the wind 'cause you've been so unrealistic, you find it cool to swallow the adverse ideas.

I just thought people would mature as they grow, but 3/4 of the society undergoes a different process. Not sure if I belong to the rest.

Can't help it but now, it's just a lonely vision before me. I and my eighteen-year-old goals are just resting on a dusty treasure box kept on a dungeon. Adolescence stole my innocence and nothing's all that there is to my teenage spirit than boredom and hollowness.

" Can't remember a second I've seen your lips curve for joy even just a little."

Oh well, that's him. I almost forgot that alien from the mirror. How polite of him to intrude my deep-thinking. I'm quite entertained playing with my thoughts and I'm guessin' he's quite entertained too right now, watching me as my eyes blankly stare on the wind.

I don't know if I unconsciously summoned some antic spirit or was it just I clearly lost my normal state.

Just believe me how I can't believe this. Bellarina Guinevere, a smart and esteemed young lady, managed to spoil her self-definition by giving off trust to a complete stranger.

" Don't even dare talk to me. I suppose it's not your business whether I frown or smile 'cause.. " I emphasized the last three words, " WE. AREN'T. RELATED."

He just laughed it out so gracefully. Marvelously-- annoying.

" Haha why impose that hard-headedness for a gentleman who showed you goodwill throughout these days?" Brushing his brunet hair spikes seemingly that of wood turpentine shade, he added, " You don't know what awaits a tinge of gratefulness."

" Oh. " Now that I'm minding the mess he effectuated upon my social life. Yes, maybe, I got no other choice but to be grateful.

This man, too irksome as to meddle with the ever piling concerns of my daily living, have been so plucky these past days just to earn my approval. But I don't think my delusion 'bout these dreamily happenings could be that easily stripped by his comic wits. Too much to ask for a highschool girl orphaned since age seven and currently inept of believing on fairytales. Well, yes, believing requires a unique skill.

" I tell you. Now that you're free, go and mind your own business. " I discharged my feet from the footstool and stood up. " You've been a bother for three days. I already ran out of money to cater your stomach; Now, I'm weary of where am I gonna get some penny for bus fares. So please, find whatever suits you and MIND your own BUSINESS 'cause I'm---"

I was just about to continue ranting 'cause I think I complain too calm when at a flash of a second, he began acting weird. He moved his gaze away from me, proceeding to the kitchen without saying a word.