Part 1: Spellbound

Nothing could ever be so perfect than to have a cup of warm coffee early in the morning, while watching the tuft of grass and shelter of low-lying leaves dance with the swirling of butterflies. The sun shines in its neutral yet dazzling splendor. The wind damping. Children laughing. All adorable. And real.

Where a faint blush lingers 'round the sky and a burst of baby blue spreads across the northern sea, my heart can't help but leap in wonderstruck joy.

Except of course, for one teeny, tiny, little problem that strips away all this glory--- that stressful moment when you think you're already a psycho for seeing things you shouldn't.

I should go check my schedule and have an appointment with my doctor later 'cause I got some serious issues here to handle.

" Good morning, world! " I almost spurted out in shock when out of the draperies cloaking the sliding glass door came out the weird man-- alien genie guy whatever from the mirror, who'd kept me awake throughout the night.

I stared in horror. Something's really wrong with my brain wirings. I swear I'll won't tire myself anymore. I'll keep me fit. I'll guard my health. Just. Just please, someone please, end this nightmare.

He turned his face upon me and smiled, " Oh hi there pretty lass! Hey what's that?" He paced quickly towards my table and held my soft-paste porcelain cup.

Speechless and surprised, I watched him drank my macchiato up to the last drop. When he placed it back, I quickly grabbed, lifted and overturned the cup to see if his system really did absorb this earthly drink. I got this idea that ghosts can't do such.

" Oh tastes like heaven! Can't remember anymore what sort of flavor's that, but my buds won't lie. It's pretty much coffee. " He exclaimed in satisfaction with eyes closed.

I don't want him to see that much more than terrified, I'm annoyed. Ugh. Like that's my favorite blend.

He pulled a seat, placed it close to me and sat on, " Hey you like coffee too? You know more than anything, I love coffee. It keeps me calm." He paused for a while, " Well, 'loved' I mean. 'Cause that was before. "

The tempo of his speaking sounds fast staccato; You can easily identify how he's so giddy like it's coffee for the first time. Weird. I just can't say anything 'cause my mind's still busy processing this whole catastrophe.

He looked at me in a query manner. Alas, I thought, he noticed that I'm far too happy as him to give a reply.

" Hey?" He poked my cheek. I frowned. How dare him touch me without permission? But ooh! I felt some humanly touch. His finger did land through my cheek. Which means, he's a human? Not a ghost? Well an alien perhaps.

Finally, he gave a deep sigh and said with a soothing voice, " Sorry. Please do understand that I'm just ecstatic 'bout this miracle. After so many years, I thought I'm good as dead, but now, life found me once again." With an uplifting tone, he continued uttering the last words, " Thank you, my pretty lass."

I still didn't mention a word, but I felt some sincerity. Something deep inside me wants to have a grip on that conviction that yeah, this is real. He's a genie. From a mirror. Now, he's free. And dumb Bella, it's all your fault.

Hey I think I unconsciously said something witty. I'll never gonna use that description again next to my name. Ha-ha for that dry humor.

Genie guy must be so happy, yes, he can't even understand I'm still freaked out with what he did since 8 pm til 12 midnight yesterday, singing out chant-like don't know stuffs, that I almost made myself believe he's preparing ritual to sacrifice my body when I'm busy sleeping. He told me, he's try'na sedate me with lullabies, but I think the opposite happened, 'cause I forced my nerves to be awake lest he be doing something heinously pre-meditated.