"Would you happen to know a man named, Firey?"

"Why?" Leafy asked, very serious now.

"He was gone for a while wasn't he?"

Leafy felt her stomach lurch as she gave the person a hard stare, searching for some kind of hint as to who he was.

"What has he told you about his time away?"

Her breath caught in her throat, her mouth slightly open as she tried to get at least some kind of coherent word out.

Their sharp green eyes and wide smile, bore into her,making her feel like a deer about to be shot by a hunter with no form of escape.

"That's what I thought, you poor thing,"

"I-I dont-I-" try as she might the fear was overtaking her and she couldn't function.

"Have you asked him about it?"

Leafy nodded in response.

"Do you really want to know where he went and what he did?"

Once again, she nodded this time with more control.

"I can tell you what you want to know, it may prove to be insightful,"

They crossed their legs and continued to smile at Leafy, seemingly unaware of how terrified she was.

"So, shall I begin?"

Here it was, the answer to her questions, she could finally find out why he left and what he did when he left.

It was so close, so easy...

Just a simple "yes" and there was chance she could know everything, if this person was telling the truth, her life could be a lot more trustful.

She wanted to say yes so badly, she wanted to know everything, she wanted to find out.

...

Then, she remembered his face, his smile, his warmth, his love.

Deep down, she knew that agreeing would be like betraying him, deep down, she suspected he wanted to tell her himself but he simply couldn't.

After everything, she just couldn't do that to him, she was hurting him enough as it was, even if he didn't know it.

"No thank you,"

Two maintained the joyful expression on their face , unnerving Leafy, causing her to shift uncomfortably.

"Perfectly reasonable, I admire your loyalty," Two shrugged.

"However, I will offer you this," Two said as they suddenly brandished a small card and handed it to Leafy.

"This is my business card, just call the number on it and we can organise something,"

Leafy glared slightly as she reluctantly took the card and held it in her lap.

"A kind offer but I doubt I'll take you up on it," she said primly.

"No one is telling you to, it's merely to keep your options open," Two chuckled slightly.

The insufferable smile was still glued to their face but something was... dark about their visage, almost sinister.

"You are completely blind to that man's past, completely unaware of what he has done, or what has been done to him,"

"What do you mean?"

"I don't mean anything, I am simply suggesting that you be wary of events around you,"

"A sound piece of advice but I will live my life how I want to, hopefully avoiding people like you," she snapped, suddenly rather angry.

"You have some nerve to act like you can give any input on my choices, I m dealing with things the way I want to deal with them and I do not need some sneaky idiot to dictate my issues to me,"

Leafy was pissed, she wasn't even sure why but what she did know what that this asshole's smile pissed her off and she didn't want to suffer his cocky attitude any longer.

She stood up quickly, grabbed her coffee and her bag and stormed out of the café, leaving the strange scene behind.

As she walked back to her office, she did her best to calm herself to avoid snapping at people.

Overall, she was proud of herself, she stayed true to herself and she liked to think that she stood her ground while remaining loyal to her husband.

She wondered how Two reacted to her leaving so quickly, she hadn't seen their face, maybe she wiped the smirk off, it was clear they were used to convincing people to do what they wanted so maybe she surprised them a bit.

They definitely loved themself a bit too much and probably had people bending over backwards to please them, the bastard probably walked all over people.

She took the card from her pocket and stared at it, examing all of its details.

It was a sleek, professional card that didn't look cheap at all, the phone number on the back was pressed into it, like a credit card number.

It felt like she was holding something she shouldn't be, something that wasn't supposed to be held by her, it gave her a bad feeling.

She shouldn't keep it, she knew damn well but the idea that it was there... she just couldn't explain it but she couldn't bring herself to throw it away.

She would never use it but she would keep it somewhere safe.

In a box she had hidden that contained things that were precious to her, things she held close, she would put it there tonight.

Right beside Firey's wedding ring, the only thing she had gotten from the medics after the crash.

The thing is, he hadn't even asked her where it was.

...

"How did it go?"

"She took the card, but was adamant about not wanting to hear anything from me,"

"Are you gonna keep going after her?"

"No need, that card is all we require to keep eyes on her,"

Two was sat in an expensive car, beside a silver haired man who looked like he needed a good night's sleep.

"As much as I respect you Two, do we really need to drag her into all this? I mean she seems nice enough and she's clearly been put through a lot because of all this already,"

"Does it seem like I care? Besides, it's necessary, this has become very important to me, she is the perfect thing to use to get to him, he's crazy about her,"

"But she's done nothing to you, are you really going to hurt her?"

"Oh Nickel , you still don't understand how the world works," Two laughed pitifully.

"I want that man to pay for what he's done, in this world, it's all about give and take,"

The smile faded from Two's face, leaving a dark, eerie frown in its place.

"And that bastard has taken too much from me,"

Nickel gave Two a confused look, sighed and went back to looking out the window.

"Whatever you say, man,"
===============================

Ayo what the even number doin?

BTW I do not hate Two, I love them they are such a lil guy but they just fit the role better.

If I write a character to be "bad" or "stupid" etc it isn't because I dislike them, they just fit what I need for that particular character trope.

Except Woody, he died cus fuck him.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!

XOXO
LeafCake